June 10

IMG_june-11-09-0141.JPG

IMG_june-11-09-0161.JPG

I can't wait for the scaffolding to come down on the two sides to finally reveal what lies beneath.

I can't wait for the scaffolding to come down on the two sides to finally reveal what lies beneath.

Your wish is coming true. The top few levels of the scaffolding on Bloor have come down and it looks like the rest will follow this afternoon.

It's looking very sharp so far.

Your wish is coming true. The top few levels of the scaffolding on Bloor have come down and it looks like the rest will follow this afternoon.

It's looking very sharp so far.

Fantastic! I'm hitting the Varsity cinemas later to see "Bruno", I'll see if I can grab any shots before or after the film.

I'm betting on a giant Frankenstein head myself! Seriously though this addition/renovation is looking like a nice change of pace for Bloor St. Very cool non symmetrical layout with the cubist treatment. The only thing that worries me at this point is the "cinder block" looking finish that we can already see on the east side in the above photos. Glancing at the rendering confirms this should be the final finish....

July 12th Update

As noted above, the scaffolding is coming down on the south side but not on the north side yet. So south side shots below. Those terraces rock.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I'd sell one of my kidney's and a portion of my liver on the blackmarket to own one of these brilliant apartments (or the "02" PH suite at Casa). The pharmaceutical companies could test anything they wanted on me too, so long as I get a couple of years of life to live there.
Not my favorate part of town but I love everything about this addition.
Great photos Drum.

July 24-09

South side -

August 7th Update

The south side from Bloor Street, and Queens Park Cresc. W.

Back