Wow, terrific shot - just as I imagined! The floorplans at 155 are drool inducing! Do take the time to check them out if your so inclined.

What level was that shot taken from? I'm a little surprised to see the Colonnade apartments so prominent from there, I didn't realize they were so high.

Amazing....when the rooms are that big the walk-in closets are called "dressing rooms", the dens are called "librariers", the living rooms are called "great rooms", and the balconies are called "courtyards". If I was filthy rich, I would have bought here too!

Interesting shot of 155 Cumberland/130 Bloor from the Four Seasons site - just peeking through........pic by Jasonzed at SSC...

09182009a067-1.jpg

130 Bloor

Fantastic addition to our city, hope there are more projects like it.

BTW I asked a friend of mine who was involved in the engineering for the project why not more floors, the answer was, they build as much as the older structure could support.

Oct. 10th

South face

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

This project reminds me of Princess Towers in Kingston, an experiment that grows on a select few.

Photo from wikipedia.

Attachments

• Princess towers.jpg
    Princess towers.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 290
Yes, I always thought that was the most hideous building I'd ever seen. I was young then though and maybe would view it differently through older eyes... then again maybe not. Either way I don't really see a comparison with 155 Cumberland which I think is kind of cool perched as it is over Bloor.

Toronto Life Article

Stealth Wealth

Yorkville’s covert oasis of opulence

The most discreet tower of urban privilege this city has ever seen (or hasn’t seen—it’s almost invisible to passersby) is scheduled for completion at the end of this month. The rich and the well connected will be moving into nine sprawl*ing storeys of luxurious living space perched on top of a nondescript Bloor Street office building.

Plans for the building—so exclusive it doesn’t have a name—were hatched back in 2005 by a real estate investment executive named Jon Love, who was the CEO of Oxford Properties Group until its sale in 2001 for $4 billion. Oxford had acquired the building in 1998; as CEO of KingSett Capital, Love bought it back and set about developing 15 perfect condos—14 to sell and one for him and his Junior Leaguer wife, Nancy.

Then he brought builder-to-the-stars Joe Brennan and Brian Curtner of Quadrangle Architects on board. It was a complicated project: a 10,000-square-foot heritage property on the top two floors of the office building had to be preserved. The penthouse, which belonged to the late Toronto businessman Noah Torno, has a Philip Johnson–inspired design. In this latest incarnation, such signature 1960s details as oak panelling, travertine walls and a bronze staircase—a replica of the stairs at New York’s Four Seasons restaurant—will be integrated with modern luxuries. The stepped terraces will have sweeping views of Queen’s Park and U of T’s green quads.

Though there’s no grand look-at-me lobby (privacy is the whole point), amenities include an at-the-ready houseman to take care of all needs and whims. (Call from the plane and he’ll make sure there’s milk in the fridge and fresh flowers on the table.)

Even as the rest of the market was skipping a beat, more than half of the units sold briskly over the past year, with sale prices upwards of $3.5 million. Love kept the 21st-floor penthouse for himself, and Brennan bought the entire 16th floor. The Torno Suite isn’t for sale yet, but rumour has it the asking price will be $25 million.

http://www.torontolife.com/features/stealth-wealth/

Back