Those black lines running under the balconies looks pretty crappy. What is that?

Yesterday morning, traffic on Bloor was halted between Avenue and Bay for a temporary crane to be grounded to lift furniture up to a unit in the building. I wonder how much that cost!

Traffic can be stopped for an entire city just to lift some rich person's furniture into their condo? Wow, what a world we live in.

`
155cumb1.jpg

155 cumberland is very distinctive for toronto/yorkville!... with all the little cubes, and due to the fact it was built based upon an existing building!.. who would have thought (the designers of the previous structure) that a condo would rise on top of their tower :D!

***One thing i don't like/understand is why the east facing side is so bare/no windows...

One thing i don't like/understand is why the east facing side is so bare/no windows...

Window are not allowed along property lines that are shared by other owners. What happens to the windows should the next door property rise as high or higher?

N° 155 Cumberland St.

4SP1170128.jpg

For some reason, i keep on wanting to see more of this!. i'd wish they'd made it a bit taller (if the building below could support it), it would have been cool to see more of these little boxes :D!

i actually rather like the cladding on the office part of the building theres some other buildings that are in much more of a need for a reclad than this building....(i'm looking at you 2 bloor west)

I've heard this is going to be re-clad which I assume refers to the office tower component.

Why bother? It practically contradicts the sleight-of-hand they performed upon the Torno penthouse. Keep the existing cladding; like so much that's Mad Men-era, it's come into its own...

As far as I've seen, they are already recladding it-- but it's just with new panels that look the same as the old ones. At least I sure hope that's what is happening because it's a handsome building.

There is a huge crane on Bloor which appears to be moving Joe Brennan's furniture, balcony to balcony, from the 15th floor (which he just sold) to the old Torno suites below. I guess some of these sofas and paintings are too big for moving elevators. The question is how it all got inside originally?

Back