The alley way that will form between 160 and the historic building east of it should be turned into a nice giant patio with restaurants and cafes

Hey @Khaloody, are you referring to this alley? It doesn't look like there is much space in there? Plus is this a service road for those restaurants on Front although they could maybe get access from University however?

1600692495868.png

Source: Google Streetview

The business core is going to be blocked quite a bit from the CN Tower when 160 goes up, yes?
A rendering was produced from the CN Tower angle, not sure how accurate it still is:
160-front-west2.jpg

It's interesting to see office projects move forward with all the uncertainty as to whether we'll still need existing levels of office space after the pandemic.

I am not too happy seeing this building hiding half of the TD Centre. For me, those black beauties are the most iconic buildings in the entire city (yes, more than CIBC Square).

Same. I love the shape and profile of 160 FW, but not enough to block the Mies masterpiece.

Same. I love the shape and profile of 160 FW, but not enough to block the Mies masterpiece.
I trust the @steveve model far more than my quick mockup, and his shows that very little would be obscured from the CN Tower. Interesting that CC3 wouldn't really block anything from that angle.

I trust the @steveve model far more than my quick mockup, and his shows that very little would be obscured from the CN Tower. Interesting that CC3 wouldn't really block anything from that angle.
I actually love the way both this and CC3 would fit in from this angle.

For the first time, I am happy for a nice looking building isn't getting taller than what it is proposed to be. Lake views are already ruined. Let's at least continue to have great views from CN Tower.

CC3 will do no favours for dear old Bank of Commerce and may impact some east of centre waterfront views of Scotia. (btw... not a criticism, but did you maybe 'ghost' in the earlier/taller render of 160 Front W?).

Back