Haha.. You mean that awful design that looked like a demented transformer?

I don't think anyone was serious about that...

Hey it would have been different at least ; - )

No but the point was it was indeed in the official application - and removed shortly after they secured a 'real' tenant !

Hey it would have been different at least ; - )

No but the point was it was indeed in the official application - and removed shortly after they secured a 'real' tenant !

CF seems very serious about this building and its design. Clearly they're trying to attract a marquee client. The questions goes back to what is this client? Over a year ago, the mystery tenant this building was being designed for was not from Canada (re: not Sun Life). We'll have to wait and see.

I'm crossing my fingers that somehow miraculously in the next few weeks CF releases a press notice advising this building is going ahead with said tenant (and some wonderful renderings for us to fap over...)

I wonder also if there is a growing theme here where major developers are pulling back from the residential market? Not sure but it seems interesting that this project becomes all commercial, World's biggest bookstore has no residential... etc.

Another Gumby in the next block? Why is it that architects so obviously, riff off nearby buildings (Ritz Carlton)? Can't they find a way to compliment the area's design aesthetic without duplicating it?

156 Front West 001.jpg

Attachments

• 156 Front West 001.jpg
    156 Front West 001.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 686
Remember that we got a sneak peak of the Sunlife logo on the rendering for 16 York a couple of weeks ago. A rendering we were not meant to see and was requested to be taken down immediately by the rendering artist.

Where there's smoke, there's fire?

So Sunlife is on the market, and 156 Front is just down University from their 30 Year old head office.

AS+GG was founded by several top SOM architects who had worked on Burj Khalifa, Trump Chicago, Jin Mao, and Pearl River Tower. Adrian Smith is their most famous partner.

Remember that we got a sneak peak of the Sunlife logo on the rendering for 16 York a couple of weeks ago. A rendering we were not meant to see and was requested to be taken down immediately by the rendering artist.

So Sunlife is on the market, and 156 Front is just down University from their 30 Year old head office.

I beet you to this theory 2 pages ago ...

; - )

Both Cadillac Fairview right? Don't know if that makes it more or less likely.

151 front will block most of this from the waterfront. Its literally across the street and is 46 floors.

luckily the curve on top will still be visible:

BCVOWfY.jpg

CJMqUEv.jpg

note that the RBC Dexia building is too tall, Google earth's model is over 200m:

pV4DSFA.jpg

MblZYt8.jpg

It might make it more likely actually, as if Sun Life approached C-F looking for space, and C-F prepared some mock ups of what they could offer. This is quite possibly what they took.

Back