I can't find a link to the report, could you link me?

It's the trademarked CF height reduction. The one at RBC Centre killed the design.

Click on "Supporting Documentation" then the download button on waterloowarrior's link above.

Click on "Supporting Documentation" then the download button on waterloowarrior's link above.

No luck.. I was in the right place before, but my machine or the website isn't working properly...

Unfortunately, we are experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment and this site is temporarily unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
"Please try again later." or "Click the Back button to navigate back to Search."

It's the trademarked CF height reduction. The one at RBC Centre killed the design.

Can't direct link to city dev app reports. The link appears to be working for me, but the site is known to be finicky.

AoD

It still has a nice shape, but I agree, with the shorter design, it isn't quite as elegant, but I still like it.

Pages of detailed plans and sections for people to pour over.

Still looks like a great proposal, and more important to me than the height is the fact that they still appear to be using a "crimped" curtain-wall on the exterior. It still has great proportions and doesn't look chopped-down to me. The podium to the north of the building looks very "meh", though. Shame to overlook it when the tower itself is a stunner.

The profile is looking less elegant now with the shorter height. Still, good to see this tower closer to getting started. It should be very well done.

It also looks like they're planning an underground PATH connection to Simcoe Place.

I'm not so happy with the height reduction either and I cannot see it without thinking the same thing. The proportions have changed and there is no denying that.

The design also includes provision for a new east-west PATH link at the B2 level, presumably connecting some day with Union Station more directly, possibly via Citibank Place?

The underground servicing plan is quite the eye-opener.

I was hoping this gets a height increase, sad to see it cut by 25m. It won't quite stand out in the skyline as much now but should add density too it so all in all im still happy.

The reduction is height/density is displeasing to me not because of the aesthetics - but that it should be utilized more fully.

AoD

It's the aesthetics for me. You can't take a design meant to be taller and just shrink it. The proportions are now off and the tower is squat.

It's suffering from the Bow syndrome.

This isn't a design killer. It still looks great, and as Modernizt mentioned, they have kept the crimped curtain wall. It isn't even that much of a cut in height to begin with.

While I'm not happy to lose the density and profile that came with the greater height, I'm not heartbroken by it. This still is a pretty good use of the lot, and there are other locations where further office space could be developed in the financial core should the need arise.

I think given the imminent construction of 45 Bay on spec, the height reduction makes it much more likely that this one will also be built soon. On the balance, the height reduction is worth it if I'm correct in this regard.

This isn't a design killer. It still looks great, and as Modernizt mentioned, they have kept the crimped curtain wall. It isn't even that much of a cut in height to begin with.

I don't understand how a 10-storey cut only reduces the height of the tower by 25m, but there's something dreadfully off about the proportions that's just throwing me off. I remember being just as upset when RBC Centre was reduced and the whole design might as well have been thrown out.

From the report.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at Monday Mar 16, 2015 11.38.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at Monday Mar 16, 2015 11.38.17 AM.png
    430.3 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at Monday Mar 16, 2015 11.37.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at Monday Mar 16, 2015 11.37.36 AM.png
    805.5 KB · Views: 1,184
  • Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at Monday Mar 16, 2015 11.37.50 AM.png