I hope the glass is a dark colour, or black. Some contrasting colours are needed in that area, and a darker building would really complete that part of the skyline.

I hope the glass is a dark colour, or black. Some contrasting colours are needed in that area, and a darker building would really complete that part of the skyline.

Agreed. For the first time I'm going to say "Please, no green glass!". And I love me some nice green glass. But I think this area will really do better off with something different.

Its about time this lot saw a proposal. It would of been a good site for something even taller considering its one of the few remaining parking lots in the CBD. But fitting two buildings over 700ft is more than acceptable and will provide some much needed density.

Now the long wait for elevation drawings and renders begins...

Last edited:
LeftCoaster at SSP posted this:

Residential tower is shorter. Office is 234.3m condo will be 221.9m. This is all likely to change however as this project is still in its infancy.

I'll post the renderings when I can, but for the most part they are massings and not incredibly detailed. They do show the shape of the buildings though.

I had guessed in an earlier post (based on previous projects in Toronto) that the residential tower would be 221m, and the office tower 232m, very close to these numbers. Go me!

234.3m = 768.7 feet
221.9m = 728.0 feet

Last edited:
I have nothing to add to this discussion save for two things...

1. Thank-you CN! I can appreciate the time, effort, and skill
2. Unbelievable that another MONSTER development is in the works for this area! Toronto will be unrecognizable in 10 years!

I will concede that this is a very appropriate site for skyscraper buildings. That said I think the built environment at ground level resulting from many of our contemporary constructions is horrendously bad, even depressingly bad. This block of perhaps mediocre brick midrises is pretty well the only redeeming section of streetscape in that area.

Who knew that an above par Canadian dollar would bring all this development. Our higher dollar is proving more beneficial than many imagined. We now have more office towers thrown into the mix. Booyah!

LeftCoaster at SSP posted this:

I had guessed in an earlier post (based on previous projects in Toronto) that the residential tower would be 221m, and the office tower 232m, very close to these numbers. Go me!

234.3m = 768.7 feet
221.9m = 728.0 feet

Nicely done! Your numbers were almost bang on.
Its incredible to think that basically what we have here is another TD Tower and Commerce Court West in one development. Whats next?

At 234.3m and 221.9m, these would be the 8th and 11th tallest buildings in Toronto (including projects under construction, or proposed with an announced height).

Of course, this could change if the two rumoured Yorkville megaprojects, or the 90 Harbour project, are publicly announced (or for that matter, any number of other very large projects that might be under early development but are not yet public).

Last edited:
At 234.3m and 221.9m, these would be the 8th and 11th tallest buildings in Toronto (including projects under construction, or proposed with an announced height).

Of course, this could change if the two rumoured Yorkville megaprojects, or the 90 Harbour project, are publicly announced (or for that matter, any number of other very large projects that might be under early development but are not yet public).

Yeah insane, last couple months in Toronto have been crazy with tall confirmed proposals and rumours...wont be long before the big one comes along, that is if the world doesnt come to a crash.

Last edited:
CanadianNational, looking at the context, I wonder if these buildings will ultimately be stepped back as they progress upward. For examples, see the The Royal York, the top of WSIB building, and top of the Ritz. It might be cool if the architects and developers went for this instead of the straight up. Just thinking out loud.

Back