358efb73-b189-450c-a367-5a4679441534-original.jpeg

I'm marginally amused that Ontario Teachers is the owner of Cadillac Fairview; so they are in essence leasing a significant portion of a building to themselves.

A little to simplistic, I realize. Still......

Interesting way to push ahead w/the proposal.
Teachers are at least going into one of their assets and not vacating another. Not like OMERS who moved out of one of their assets to move into a new and shiner asset.

Teachers are at least going into one of their assets and not vacating another. Not like OMERS who moved out of one of their assets to move into a new and shiner asset.

1 University leased up quick and for good rates. Definitely a net positive for OMERS.

I am surprised they would move ahead with Teachers as their only lease commitment. It would be alarming if they had been marketing the building for 2+ years and could only secure the parent company as a tenant.

The big players are more aggressive than we've seen in a long time. Feels like there might be a bit of a race between Oxford, Cadillac, and Ivanhoe to bring each of their new trophy projects to market first.

1 University leased up quick and for good rates. Definitely a net positive for OMERS.

I am surprised they would move ahead with Teachers as their only lease commitment. It would be alarming if they had been marketing the building for 2+ years and could only secure the parent company as a tenant.

The big players are more aggressive than we've seen in a long time. Feels like there might be a bit of a race between Oxford, Cadillac, and Ivanhoe to bring each of their new trophy projects to market first.
They are no more aggressive than they've always been - the market is simply doing extremely well. Their actuaries are probably able to make this all work within their existing risk envelope given how well leasing is going in the downtown core.

Look at it this way - suburban markets are starting to boom again not because there's a suburban exodus (a la 1980s/1990s), but because the downtown core cannot house all the companies that want to be there.

Did the curtainwall system got some VE? It didn't seem to be chamfered like it was in some of the older renderings:

AoD

Think that's just the first time we're seeing it from that angle. All other views were from above or where that area was blocked.

This strategy also worked for HOOPP when it launched 1 York with itself as the only tenant:

One York Street is being developed by Menkes and HOOPP Realty Inc. HOOPP will also be a tenant of the building, leasing approximately 132,000 square feet or 17% of the total rentable area.

I love that ever more firms are abandoning their office space in lame areas like North York to move downtown.

Don't tell UT that North York is lame!

Back