The Delta is also in the foreground in those pics, which makes it look even taller than it is. The tower in the background will always look shorter due to perception. I've seen a 150m tower look taller than a 250m tower just due to the position in which you're standing.

Yeah, the steel is going up again! Photos taken Wednesday, May 25th at around 2:00 P.M., unfortunately overcast. Some photos of them lifting the steel from the podium rooftop and you can see the glass installed down there at the back. Will be intersting to see the eyebrow when it's glassed in. And the other's just my lost view of the CN tower.

220525_1.jpg
220525_2.jpg
220525_3.jpg
220525_4.jpg
220525_5.jpg
220525_6.jpg

Well this one is just hefty as opposed to bulbous from over there.

I'm very surprised by how dark this glass is (the renders looked a lot more silvery/reflective). But I love it. The tower, with its broad stature and dark, angled glass will be very imposing from street level. It will help break up the sea of blue/green glass that is prominent in that area of the city.

The sharp angles are surprisingly prominent. The angled reflections should be visible from a distance.

I'm a big fan of this one.

Photos taken Saturday, May 28th. They were busy installing the next 3 storey columns and associated beams. In one of the photos you can see they are building the scaffolding up the west side of the core which I believe is to install a future (maybe final) building tie-back/support arms for the external
crane (not sure of proper terminology). In another photo you can see the curtain wall glass sitting inside on the two floors above where they currently have installed. Will be nice to see more glass going up on this building and 'garbage bags' coming off.

2205282.jpg
2205284.jpg
2205285.jpg
2205286.jpg
2205287.jpg
1603.JPG
1602.JPG
1601.JPG

You take the best skyline pictures.
Thanks. I like to capture the skyline from different angles and am excited to find new (usually elevated) places with skyline views. This one was taken from the roof of the McLennan Physics Building (more accurately Burton Tower) at U of T, open to the public this weekend for Doors Open.

Any idea where this one is on final height? Is the core maxed out or will it still go higher?
Due to the strike(s)it is probably not much changed from the May 2 'diagram' from Mr Contra. Post 2407

Back