I would have to agree about the "jumbotrons". I really like this building, it's spectacular to me, but these have certainly put a damper on it. Surely green lights are enough. They could have designed it in such a way as to plot out the logo in the lighting from time to time. I'll bet the architect is not happy.

Forget the tacky corporate branding. Personally, I still can't get over how chubby-stubby this tower looks compared to the original 54-storey design. Every time I look at it, all I see is someone randomly rescaling it down without giving any consideration to the aspect ratio of the original design features. This is what the architect had in mind, not what we got:

1700841438294.png

1700841500021.png

Every time I look at this building, this is how it makes me feel:
1700841734724.png

Last edited:
Forget the tacky corporate branding. Personally, I still can't get over how chubby-stubby this tower looks compared to the original 54-storey design. Every time I look at it, all I see is someone randomly rescaling it down without giving any consideration to the aspect ratio of the original design features. This is what the architect had in mind, not what we got:
This looks like a statue on Easter Island.

1700843150421.png
DB4E849F-5267-4A4C-A8A1F8AB1344C945_source.jpg

You can now never unsee that resemblance!

Back