from today's Daily Commercial News, posted with the usual caveat......

CONDOMINIUM Proj: 9141527-1

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON CONTEMPLATED
156 Front St W, M5J

$150,000,000 est
Note: Owner has submitted applications for Official Plan Amendment as well as rezoning. Construction costs as well as square footage are estimated at this time and expected to be confirmed fall 2011.

Project: proposed construction of a 65-storey condominium and a 54-storey office tower. The condominium tower will contain 620 units and have six levels of underground parking totaling 356 parking spaces and 160 bicycle parking spaces. The office tower will contain eleven retail spaces and an undetermined number of office units. There will also be 6 levels of underground parking totaling 360 spaces. Scope of work is preliminary and subject to change.
Scope: 1,200,000 square feet; 65 storeys; 6 storeys below grade; 2 structures; 620 units; parking for 716 cars

Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Commercial offices; Retail, wholesale services
Owner Complete information is available to subscribers. Click HERE to find out how to subscribe.
This report Wed Aug 03, 2011.

The office tower will likely be a bit taller thah the condo tower.

I'm going to guess the office tower will be around 235 m and the condo aroumd 230m .

Although they may just try to make them both the same height.

Very good to see a strong office project in that area.

I really hope they cpme up with a strong proposal here. I suspect this will be a lsndmark site for quite a while.

Last edited:
It's about 10,000 sq ft floorplate - about the same as 1Bloor

That's a pretty tiny floorplate for office. Possibly closer to 15,000 and 6,000 for office and condo (8 or 9 units per floor) respectively.

The office tower will likely be a bit taller thah the condo tower.

I'm going to guess the office tower will be around 235 m and the condo aroumd 230m .

Although they may just try to make them both the same height.

Your close, we found out the height a few pages back;

LeftCoaster at SSP posted this:

I had guessed in an earlier post (based on previous projects in Toronto) that the residential tower would be 221m, and the office tower 232m, very close to these numbers. Go me!

234.3m = 768.7 feet
221.9m = 728.0 feet

According to him, they'll be two quadrangles with a couple right angles.
Looks like we won't have to wait long to find out if he's right either.

Your close, we found out the height a few pages back;

According to him, they'll be two quadrangles with a couple right angles.
Looks like we won't have to wait long to find out if he's right either.

That quotation bothered me when I read it before.

A "quadrangle" can be anything from a square, rectangle, parallelogram or trapezoidal shape, but once you add the words "a couple of right angles" by default you immediately mean their floor plates have to be square or rectangular in shape. So it's an enigmatic quotation at best.

A quadrangle simply means any four-sided polygon, but there are several possibilities for a quadrangle with two right angles. One is of this general type:

quadrangle.jpg

and the other is something like this:

quadrilateral2.jpg

If it was just another 'box' why use the term quadrangle at all?

A quadrangle simply means any four-sided polygon, but there are several possibilities for a quadrangle with two right angles. One is of this general type:

quadrangle.jpg

Since he mentioned it'll have "a couple right angles" I'd assume it'll be along theses lines.

"Scope: 1,200,000 square feet; 65 storeys; 6 storeys below grade; 2 structures; 620 units; parking for 716 cars"

I'm reading this... as 1.2 million for the residential tower only? Am I totally wrong? The paragraph speaks about both projects, but that line posted above seems to simply imply the condo portion (and perhaps the podium?). That's just my read.

Development boards are up on site. Took a few pics of the south and west elevations:

South:
photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

West:
photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

Thanks Filip - the groove make it look like a bigger version of RBC Dexia. Another KPF project? Not terribly impressed with the design...

AoD

How can these two buildings be completely connected if the floor heights of the office component are different than the ones of the residential component?

Back