Well.....sigh.

The potential for more delays is there..........

An application to review the OLT decision has been filed.

So far as I know, the review, as yet, has not been granted. I maintain, it should not be.

For anyone who would like to see the docs, you can request them from the case coordinator Contact Info below:

View attachment 538381

Email: Paul.DeMedeiros@ontario.ca

Phone: (437) 217-2920

Requesting the PDFs now. Thx!

Well.....sigh.

So far as I know, the review, as yet, has not been granted. I maintain, it should not be.

For anyone who would like to see the docs, you can request them from the case coordinator Contact Info below:

View attachment 538381

It's both a S.43 review and a Divisional Court challenge. Neither of which has to be granted, remember, and the burden of proof is put on the appellant so it's harder to get it through, but yes, more delays...

It's both a S.43 review and a Divisional Court challenge. Neither of which has to be granted, remember, and the burden of proof is put on the appellant so it's harder to get it through, but yes, more delays...

That's new info to me, so thanks for that.

My reading of S.43 is that there is no basis for a review; I'll be interested to see if the Chair agrees w/me. The standard for a Divisional Court appeal, I believe, is similar. (due process violation, error at law). To the extent that is the case, I would again reaffirm my view that the appeal should be dismissed, preferably with costs.

What do they say about winning a battle but losing the war? The groups must know that they will only delay this and that this is an example of a much larger trend.

Well.....sigh.

View attachment 538381

Shameful. Of course, absolute silence from the local Willowdale MPP and cabinet minister.

That's new info to me, so thanks for that.

My reading of S.43 is that there is no basis for a review; I'll be interested to see if the Chair agrees w/me. The standard for a Divisional Court appeal, I believe, is similar. (due process violation, error at law). To the extent that is the case, I would again reaffirm my view that the appeal should be dismissed, preferably with costs.
It's an absolute cuck move if the City doesn't pursue costs at this stage. It also sets a precedent for future frivolous appeals of this nature.
Shameful. Of course, absolute silence from the local Willowdale MPP and cabinet minister.
Why would they opine? They're both publicly on the side of the appellants.

As that will behind the paywall to most; i will bring forward a key bit:

1707485758812.png

Again, a lay opinion here, but I don't find either of the two arguments made above rise to the standard for a review of the decision.

Even if, they were errors in law; it doesn't follow to me that it would have altered the outcome of the decision.

I am disappointed with the time-wasting here, and will be more so if that adds any substantive barrier to this project.

Back