This development is too nice to be in this location. But in the downtown core to be admired by all the masses ! Love the triangular balconies and the rounded bronze coloured corners etc! As seen in the previous page below!

Sanofi Pasteur (next door, formerly Connaught Labs) is opposing this development, claiming national security concerns.

Sanofi Pasteur is expanding its Steeles Avenue West manufacturing facility because, according to a letter from the company's lawyers, it has won a contract to make future pandemic relief vaccines for the federal and provincial governments. But the company worries that two new towers proposed by developer Tenblock at 1875 Steeles Ave.W. could jeopardize its security.

"The location of hundreds of new residential units with a 24/7 overlook of its sensitive facilities undermines Sanofi's ability to ensure its ongoing and expanding vaccine research and manufacturing facilities are secure," reads a letter from Sanofi's lawyers to city planners.

Sanofi Pasteur (next door, formerly Connaught Labs) is opposing this development, claiming national security concerns.

Yowwwwwwwza!

With the two towers, Tenblock should market this under the name The Double Agent.

EDIT: Sanofi Pasteur should really consider moving their work indoors. Have they not noticed how cold it is outside right now, for example? Working indoors would stop nearby renters from reading your cellphone screens through their binocs, plus when it rains in warmer months, you don't get wet, it's that simple. Indoors is great. I love it. Please try it Sanofi!

Last edited:
Great, now we're gonna see NIMBYs everywhere arguing that Chinese spies are monitoring their family game of Jenga from their condo balcony.

Are you saying that's unjustified?

Do you have any evidence that Jenga isn't a carefully contrived code conveying top secret info through placement of pieces and that the toppling itself isn't a message?

Do spies not have a right to privacy?

Should we endanger espionage worldwide with 'overlook'.

Pfft!

Next you'll be telling me Sanofi is worried that people will know what's in vaccines for which they have to publicly file info in order to carry out review and obtain patents.

Last edited:
My security issue with this would be moving into a new place that's built by a chemical based lab. You know, accidents can happen. So this maybe one of weirdest cases of Nimby projecting I've seen... /sigh

It's funny because the government (particularly the Government of Canada) is doing absolutely nothing about well known and much more serious documented cases of espionage/national security. If either them or the provincial government want to directly intervene regarding this "issue", than this country has a lot more serious issues to worry about.

It's funny because the government (particularly the Government of Canada) is doing absolutely nothing about well known and much more serious documented cases of espionage/national security. If either them or the provincial government want to directly intervene regarding this "issue", than this country has a lot more serious issues to worry about.

Isn't CSIS located downtown, on University Avenue? What about that massive data centre on Front Street, surrounded by all those threatening towers?? Think of all the spying opportunities!

THE RAPTURE IS UPON US!!!!

Sooo...

I saw some freshly lobbying on this one from Tenblock..........

So I moseyed on over to the AIC to see if there was anything new.

There are no new Arch. Plans, but there are new supporting studies uploaded last month. These are largely/entirely about Sanofi Pasteur.

I had a peak at the correspondence and this paragraph struck me as noteworthy (this is part of a consultant's challenge of a peer-review of their work:

1694609520466.png

The above has me asking.........."The emissions from your facility are secret? Really?' The Noise your facility makes is secret? Really?

What exactly is Sanofi doing?

Now I really want to know.

Then I see the consultant managed to get the data anyway; but there's an NDA involved..........

Uh.....uh..............

Just so everyone knows, Sanofi is the impediment here, but they have every right to be. When it comes to emissions and other 'nuisance' claims they are the ones who would be forced to leave, regardless of what they do or how long they've been there. You can't put something like "might be bad air, buy at your own risk" into a set of condo docs, so Sanofi is rightly protecting their facility.

I don't doubt that they and Tenblock / First Cap will come to some sort of agreement, but the onus is on the latter to satisfy the former (and the City) in this regard.

Back