1. It's unlikely that the plan will have any material change here or elsewhere on the Golden Mile;
  2. Laird Station is nowhere near here;
  3. 'Design of the highest quality' is just typical planner speak and isn't something they can enforce;
  4. Looks like 'crap' because it's just massing - don't read into any 'design' here, just boxes.

1. It's unlikely that the plan will have any material change here or elsewhere on the Golden Mile;
  2. Laird Station is nowhere near here;
  3. 'Design of the highest quality' is just typical planner speak and isn't something they can enforce;
  4. Looks like 'crap' because it's just massing - don't read into any 'design' here, just boxes.
Sorry, I meant Pharmacy Station. I was just asking if the not in-force secondary plan applies or will apply to the OPA. Also, the location of the towers is too lazy and the shadows on the open space is pretty bad.

Cityplace actually has appropriately scale blocks. The two opposing towers on perimeter blocks is too repetitive. This is extremely unfortunate urban planning given the early visions or an urban, human scaled neighborhood. Instead, it's typical greenfield development on the fringe of the 416 and across the 905. This is Expo City in VCC. It's worst than Luna in Cityplace.

Cityplace actually has appropriately scale blocks. The two opposing towers on perimeter blocks is too repetitive. This is extremely unfortunate urban planning given the early visions or an urban, human scaled neighborhood. Instead, it's typical greenfield development on the fringe of the 416 and across the 905. This is Expo City in VCC. It's worst than Luna in Cityplace.
That's what happens when the city designs a joke of an urban planning study known as the Golden Mile Secondary Plan.

That's what happens when the city designs a joke of an urban planning study known as the Golden Mile Secondary Plan.
But it's not a study. It will become a legal document once adopted by council. Won't the development change after the plan is adopted?

Nope. You retroactively apply policy to something that's already being evaluated by Planning, hence the rush to get all of these applications in before it's in-force.

It may be frustrating, but it is logical. I can't submit something and in the course of staff review have new policy applied to it that didn't exist when I was creating the concept.

We all know the clergy rule can be and is abused, but from a legal point of view, it does make sense.

I need to look back and see what happened to this.................as we have the Preliminary Report set to come before SCC again, on April 23rd, 2021:

Ah, this is why:

1617979155505.png

I need to look back and see what happened to this.................as we have the Preliminary Report set to come before SCC again, on April 23rd, 2021:
The OPA and the ZBA + Draft Plan of Subdivision were submitted at different times, hence the two reports, I believe.

We seem to have missed the ZBA submission from December. There are some updated renders there. Also the applicant is BET Realty Inc.

First large intensification site I can remember Mattamy picking up in Toronto.

I'm really interested to see how they end up handling their urban intensification sites now that they are expanding into that type of work in a big way. They seemed to get a bit of a false start on it when they picked up Monarch a few years ago, but seem to be going at it with a renewed focus now.

Mattamy acquired a Scarborough site called The Mile at 1891 Eglinton Ave. E. It’s going through the approvals process but the plan is to build five or six condo towers with a combined total of close to 2,000 units.

Back