Toronto
For the northeast corner of Bloor St W & Quebec Ave:

Bloor+Still+Images_1_6+-+Photo.jpg
Bloor+Still+Images_1_7+-+Photo.jpg
Bloor+Still+Images_1_4+-+Photo.jpg
Bloor+Still+Images_1_5+-+Photo.jpg

View of the current corner:

1938b.JPG

Egads that's awful; the base especially, but the whole thing entirely. I could imagine criminal sentencing inspired here "The defendent shall stare at the Old Stone Henge Condos for 30 days in penance for his crimes"

Hodgepodge design language. A bit of this, a bit of that. Throw in some random details and call it a day. Cool.

The thing is, the multi-tone precast panels on the main tower section (assuming precast and not stone) look pretty good and not inexpensive. But why the barnacles on that section? Why not continue this design to the ground? What's up with only showing nighttime renders?

The uninspired podium, large sections of blank walls, and top-heavy massing are third-rate. I can't believe someone would propose something so tasteless in a beautiful neighbourhood like this one.

This stretch of Bloor across from one of the city's most important parks merits architecture that creates a positive sense of place, just like the ornate apartment buildings across from Central Park in New York.

Last edited:
Absolutely atrocious; street level looks virtually closed off from Bloor and completely uninviting, the podium looks like a giant hideous bunker, the tower itself almost looks like a bunker, the random window carve outs are just that...random.

This whole plan needs to be tossed out into the garbage, and shuttled out/incinerated out of earth orbit via Space X or Virgin Galactic.

It's bizarre that this would come from Old Stonehenge. They usually tie up with Studio JCI, and we get something sleek yet warm, and beautifully proportioned. I'm left wondering again (second time in so many days) if we're just looking at something slapped together quickly to get massing established with the City before Old Stonehenge gets to work on a real design with their old standbys.

It's bizarre that this would come from Old Stonehenge. They usually tie up with Studio JCI, and we get something sleek yet warm, and beautifully proportioned. I'm left wondering again (second time in so many days) if we're just looking at something slapped together quickly to get massing established with the City before Old Stonehenge gets to work on a real design with their old standbys.

I'm not sure this image or video should be taken seriously. Great site though.

I rather think this is at 5he very least interesting. I’m sure I’ll be in the minority from what I’ve just read ! Lol

Back