Application is in!! Design by Baron Nelson Archiects:

blorr4.JPG
blorr3.JPG
blorr2.JPG
blorr.JPG

If Mike pulls this off, all power to him.

5.5m setback to east, 5.7m to north, 1.2m to south and 0m to west

150k SF GFA @ $16m purchase for $106/buildable

The standard floor plates are 911m2... I almost wonder if they just did a 25 storey slim tower at 650m2 floor plates, you can get into the low 200,000s GFA . Though your efficiencies will be jeopardized with more than 2 elevators. If you tacked on 1926, you'd have a very efficient tower site... but it looks like 1926 comes with rental replacement, and who knows if the seller was willing to sell, etc and at what price point you could appeal to them

Let's look at how this evolved since the previous page:

1711391580098.png

Now a closer look at what's proposed here:

1711391703373.png

@HousingNowTO should be flagged given the proximity to transit and seeming appropriateness of affordable housing here.

Site Plan:

1711392073647.png

Ground Floor Plan:

1711392107462.png

Comments:

@1Ć0 is entirely on point above, this is one very challenged application as-is.

From setbacks to floor plate size; the building does not conform to either the mid-rise standards or the tall building standards and isn't particularly close.

The first issue to jump out at me, beyond the above is parking.........the argued justification here is PMSTA right next to High Park Station then we get 63 parking spaces vs 144 units for a 0.43 parking ratio - way high for this argument.

Elevator ratio is good though, 3 elevators to 144 units is over 2 elevators per 100 units.

I have difficulty seeing this one going through in its current iteration. But we shall see!

From setbacks to floor plate size; the building does not conform to either the mid-rise standards or the tall building standards and isn't particularly close.

The first issue to jump out at me, beyond the above is parking.........the argued justification here is PMSTA right next to High Park Station then we get 63 parking spaces vs 144 units for a 0.43 parking ratio - way high for this argument.

Elevator ratio is good though, 3 elevators to 144 units is over 2 elevators per 100 units.

I have difficulty seeing this one going through in its current iteration. But we shall see!

I very much hope this gets through in at least a version of what is currently being proposed and sets some precedent for changing floor plate/setbacks guidelines.

1712203856561.png

Large and decently shaped units? What is this the 70s? It's crazy the things one can fit in a building when the floor plate isn't the size of a pin head.

1930-1938 Bloor Street West and 3, 5 & 21 Quebec Avenue - Virtual Community Consultation Meeting

Tuesday, April 30, 2024 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
(UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Register for webinar
If you want to attend, register now. When your registration is approved, you'll receive an invitation to join the webinar.

Host
Kishmita Arora

Agenda
The City of Toronto Planning Division has received a Zoning By-law Amendment and Rental Housing Demolition application which proposes a 17-storey mixed use building. The proposal will have 380 square metres of ground floor retail and 144 dwelling units, including 12 rental replacement units.

For further information on the proposal, please view the website at: http://www.toronto.ca/1930BloorStW

Didn't they have a community meeting on April 11th? Post right above yours

No; the post right above mine was on the 11th, but the meeting is scheduled for April 30th.

The results will be an attachment to the Refusal Report.

Back