Can you spot the differences?
wd2Qy.jpg

Original

Right, and the units here will likely be small with an average price of $700/sq. ft., and....it will sell out....so is the way in condo-boom-town Toronnnnnnnnnttttttooooooo!

Considering the developer was trying to sell these units for $800/sf STARTING, if they achieve their goal, the average price of this building will be well north of that!

wtf? this is about as low as architecture can go. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this pile. Does anybody (who is not a blind faith fanboy) not think that a six year old with building blocks could have come up with exact design? holy crap!

and ya, in the comparison photos above, the old 60's/70's blocks actually have texture to them!

Yeah, that's not very good. Funky balconies don't make up for ultra-generic design. Could the image just be a preliminary drawing? I honestly have a hard time believing even Cresford would put up something that awful.

wtf? this is about as low as architecture can go. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this pile. Does anybody (who is not a blind faith fanboy) not think that a six year old with building blocks could have come up with exact design? holy crap!

and ya, in the comparison photos above, the old 60's/70's blocks actually have texture to them!

C'mon now, we can't all be perfect...

HILTON_NiagaraFallsExterior.jpg

What about the unique, charming building that sits on this property? (there is nothing else in Toronto like it) I would hate to see it torn down for this unoriginal, banal building. This is just a cheap copy-cat of other recent condo designs. Can't these developers come up with something original? I'll take the handsome building that sits there right now, over this dull building.

What about the unique, charming building that sits on this property? (there is nothing else in Toronto like it) I would hate to see it torn down for this unoriginal, banal building. This is just a cheap copy-cat of other recent condo designs. Can't these developers come up with something original? I'll take the handsome building that sits there right now, over this dull building.

I'll miss Bistro 990 too, but in all fairness it's a faux-historic facade that can be replicated elsewhere.

Hopefully when construction begins, they'll relocate and continue to operate. Yorkville maybe?

Last edited:
C'mon now, we can't all be perfect...

I hate to break this to you but I didnt design the addition to the Niagara Falls Hilton... dump on it all you like. The sad part is that some of the architecture being proposed in Toronto actually comes up short in such a comparison.

+1

Back