News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

St. Lawrence market to have extended hours during Pan Am/Parapan games (July 7 - August 15):

Tuesdays to Fridays - 8am / 8pm
Saturdays - 5am / 5pm
Sundays - 10am / 5pm

Maybe like Donald Trump, America doesn't want to let in all the rapists and drug dealers from south of their border. LOL.:p

People who say 'only the Olympics matter' are tv fans, not sports fans and would not buy tickets for volleyball or slalom canoe or handball or fencing or water polo anyway. They'd stay home, watch the opening ceremonies and 100 meter sprint final; maybe swimming if there was a superstar medal contender, and pretend to be experts.

And in addition to complaining about the cost and the bribes and the money wasted on infrastructure and the crowds and traffic congestion, Torontonians would also complain about the politics of having corrupt/communist/terrorist-sponsoring governments sending their representatives to our glorious and free country.
I only watch ethically produced, artisanal sports contested by fair wage athletes who live within 100km of the venue.

And I always watch them live because I don't believe in owning a TV.

Last edited:
There's a bunch of tickets being released tomorrow for some the high demand events

With athletes arriving on Canadian soil, the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games Organizing Committee (TO2015) is releasing small blocks of new tickets to the most high-demand events.
To date, spectators have snapped up about three-quarters of a million tickets to the Games, and more than 100 Pan Am events — including almost 75 medal events — are fully sold out, giving hometown athletes the largest cheering section possible.
“Racing in front of a home crowd gives us a huge benefit over our competitors: not only seeing that red and white, but hearing the roar of the crowd can really help you push through the pain you feel at the end of your race,” said Canadian Olympic silver and bronze medallist, swimming, Ryan Cochrane. “It’s a humbling and exciting time to be an athlete in Canada, and swimming in front of a sold-out crowd at home is an experience I’m absolutely looking forward to.”
With preparations for the Games nearing completion, TO2015 is ready to release small blocks of previously unavailable tickets for many of the highest demand events, including the Opening Ceremony, equestrian, basketball, football, diving and athletics – track and field. All new blocks of tickets will be released on Monday, July 6 at 11 a.m. (ET), and will be available at TORONTO2015.org/tickets.
"We're very excited to finally be able to release these tickets to the public and we expect them to go fast," said Saäd Rafi, chief executive officer, TO2015. "This is the first time some of these events have been available since September 2014. As expected, we’re selling more tickets every day as we get closer to the Games. This is a great opportunity to see some high-demand events."

Anyone know if there's plans to do something like this?? Wouldn't take a lot of work - even along Yonge from Queen to Dundas

1340575496-regent-street-hosts-flags-of-olympic-nations--london_1281192.jpg

Have barely seen anything downtown to signify the games are on - compare this to the World Cup last summer when bars had all the flags of the competing nations outside their establishment.

Some places in Riverside have flags outside their place

BmL0oh2.jpg

People who say 'only the Olympics matter' are tv fans, not sports fans and would not buy tickets for volleyball or slalom canoe or handball or fencing or water polo anyway. They'd stay home, watch the opening ceremonies and 100 meter sprint final; maybe swimming if there was a superstar medal contender, and pretend to be experts.

And in addition to complaining about the cost and the bribes and the money wasted on infrastructure and the crowds and traffic congestion, Torontonians would also complain about the politics of having corrupt/communist/terrorist-sponsoring governments sending their representatives to our glorious and free country.

I really don't care for either the Olympics or the Pan Am Games and I always found it funny people who don't follow any of the sports outside of these games to suddenly to become excited of watching these games because of the Olympic name.

But hosting the games doesn't bother me, the traffic snarls will be annoying, but I've been through worse. What bothers and annoys me about these games is the selling point that only brand name global international sporting events is the only way infrastructure spending will ever occur. Using that flawed logic, the only way that an Downtown Relief Line, GO Electrification, etc etc will ever occur is if we win the Olympic bid. No Olympics, no DRL. That's what annoys me.

Does anyone actually know anybody who has tickets for any Pan Am Games event? To date, I know zero and I hate to say it but I personally don't have much interest in watching any event live.

I don't know anyone who does but I'm currently checking out what's available. I don't want to venture out of town to watch an event and I would prefer to catch something on a weekend. So far there are quite a few events with few or no tickets left (that could just be Ticketmaster messing with supply and demand, of course) but others have some availability.

I would have gone to a football match but the energy drains out of me when I think about traveling all the way to Hamilton for it.

I would have gone to a football match but the energy drains out of me when I think about traveling all the way to Hamilton for it.

That's my reason for not seeing a soccer match too. I really want to see Brazil or Argentina play, but the idea of traveling to Hamilton is keeping me from buying tickets. I don't want to make a whole day trip out of it.

I do have swimming tickets though.

Thanks - might get some gear now to wear to the events

I live in Unionville (and am wheelchair-bound) and am going to see badminton and table tennis at the new Markham Pan Am Games Centre. I’m also going to see swimming in Scarborough and men’s basketball at the former Maple Leaf Gardens.

Have already ordered Team Canada track jacket from the Bay, as well as Pan Am Games T-shirt from the Pan Am Games website.

By decree of Mayor John Tory, All Torontonians must stop complaining about the Pan Am Game.

---

Okay, he didn't decree anything, but I'm finding it amusing that for the past two week or so; Mayor Tory and the Toronto Star have been telling the general public to stop complaining, using various buzz words like; "world-class", "cosmopolitan", you get the idea. :rolleyes:

Came home today to find that a Pachi doll had somehow made it into the house. I am being very careful not to get it wet or feed it after midnight. If he tries anything funny it's straight to the microwave.

Back