News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think this would have gone over better had Drake been the Toronto headliner, and promised a "secret guest", who would turn out to be Kanye. Maybe create some speculation and buzz for a few days, then have it leak that Kanye would be performing the day before.

Like him or not, though, I bet the athletes are looking forward to seeing him. And people wouldn't be tuning in if it were Rush, or The Barenaked Ladies, let's get real.

"If I had a million dollars"

I just read Nickelback about 6 times in the last two pages. You guys ruined the thread with that one. I don't like Kanye either, but to dip so low as to bring Nickelback into it? My word, music is ruined forever. At least I got a good laugh out of this whole "not real music" rubbish. I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry but chose laughter because I don't hate myself.

Anyway, now that it's probably too late I've finally decided I feel like I should have gone to see at least beach volleyball which is being held down the street from me. I already know I'm going to regret not having gone to a single sporting event during these games. Sigh....at least I got to see ATCR for free (don't worry, they're not real music either).

Wait a minute....that's it! A Tribe Called Red b2b Buju (he's still out of prison right?) b2b some obscure Cuban folk band b2b Boards of Canada (completely Scottish, but the name is right) for the closer.

They should have had me in charge of this ceremony operation, I'll tell ya what.

I just read Nickelback about 6 times in the last two pages. You guys ruined the thread with that one. I don't like Kanye either, but to dip so low as to bring Nickelback into it? My word, music is ruined forever. At least I got a good laugh out of this whole "not real music" rubbish. I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry but chose laughter because I don't hate myself.

Hey, just for the record, I only mentioned them to say that they (non-Mexicans) played at the last games (in Mexico), which they did. I'd rather listen to my dog throw up a turd he ate at the park than them.

Sigh....at least I got to see ATCR for free (don't worry, they're not real music either.

And you can see them again at NPS with Austra on the same night!

Hey, just for the record, I only mentioned them to say that they (non-Mexicans) played at the last games (in Mexico), which they did. I'd rather listen to my dog throw up a turd he ate at the park than them.

And you can see them again at NPS with Austra on the same night!
The schedule for August 12th with Austra is:
12:30 p.m. - Relic & Ghettosocks 1:30 p.m. - Community Citizenship Ceremony 6:00 p.m. - Chancha Vía Circuito 7:30 p.m. - Dengue Dengue Dengue! 8:15 p.m. - Austra 9:15 p.m. - Alejandro Ronceria 9:45 p.m. - A Tribe Called Red

Why is everyone overlooking Spookey Ruben, 8 Seconds, Blue Peter, and who could forget: Slik Toxik?

I think that's the key argument right there: Kayne or Nickleback?

Kayne please.

The thing that we fans/public miss in all of these things is you can't just snap your fingers and make an act appear......someone just threw the name "Rush" out there....it sparked this email cause on my vegas trip this past weekend there was a bit of a buz happining at the MGM Grand over Rush's 40th anniversary show there.....on July 25...they are, obviously, on tour and out of town.

Back