News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

'“Part of our challenge is to get a balanced message out.” Organizers say they have sold just 600,000 tickets, less than half the 1.5-million tickets on sale.' - National Post (July 3, 2015)

They didn't need to issue more tickets, if they issued 100,000 more tickets wouldn't it be 1.6 million tickets (including the Para Pan Ams) not 1.5 million?

Hmm, weird. I had only heard the 1.4 million figure stated during the games. I wonder what the discrepancy is.

Hmm, weird. I had only heard the 1.4 million figure stated during the games. I wonder what the discrepancy is.

My point was, it wasn't clear why there was such a discrepancy. I just posted all those numbers to avoid an number fight, and look how well that turnout. :confused:

Time to buy some Pan Am swag.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 611
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 599
The PanAm/Parapan Am cauldron has been removed from the base of the CN Tower. Anyone know where it went/what is to become of it?

The PanAm/Parapan Am cauldron has been removed from the base of the CN Tower. Anyone know where it went/what is to become of it?

Didn't it get moved to Nathan Phillips Square for the Parapan Am Closing Ceremonies? What will happen after that I wonder - put it at West Don Lands where the ex-Pan Am village is? Save
it at the Toronto Archives for a future Toronto museum?

On another note - is the store at City Hall still open?

AoD

Didn't it get moved to Nathan Phillips Square for the Parapan Am Closing Ceremonies? What will happen after that I wonder - put it at West Don Lands where the ex-Pan Am village is? Save
it at the Toronto Archives for a future Toronto museum?

On another note - is the store at City Hall still open?

AoD

There are a few of the cauldrons. The one at City Hall was a smaller one, used for smaller community events. I believe it was the same one used inside the Rogers Centre during the opening ceremony, and the same one used for the Para Pan Am opening ceremony at York.

Back