A couple of tilt/shift screenshots... hopefully this gets a pass at the DRP tomorrow:

Toronto Model 05-05-21 212 King W.png

Toronto Model 05-05-21 212 King W2.png

butchered at the DRP :(

butchered at the DRP :(
I mean reading through that I agree with most of their concerns. I really love the overall design of the building, though I definitely think the design needs some more work before it can make such a dramatic impact on the skyline. The shorter part of the tower just looks a little out of place to me, and I feel there should be more unity between the two elements.

Absolutely bizarre to me that the DRP suggested getting rid of the heritage building on the west side of the site for expansion of the Theatre Park POPS — that building is beautiful and they're suggesting demolishing it for what would end up likely being a generic POPS? Wild recommendation. Pray the developers don't listen.

Absolutely bizarre to me that the DRP suggested getting rid of the heritage building on the west side of the site for expansion of the Theatre Park POPS — that building is beautiful and they're suggesting demolishing it for what would end up likely being a generic POPS? Wild recommendation. Pray the developers don't listen.
Good point, removing the 3rd heritage building would alienate the other two dramatically affecting negatively the streetscape. I'm hoping for alternate space given somewhere else.

The panel had some great comments, but I think they should've emphasized the blandness of the tower more. They mentioned it, but they didn't have any suggestions on how to improve. Personally, I think the solid elements should be used more to reduce the amount grey glass... and I believe that the windows should be buried a little into the facade.

Interesting read up. I'm thinking the height on this one might be impacted as well when all is said and done. Higher or lower remains to be seen.

I mean reading through that I agree with most of their concerns. I really love the overall design of the building, though I definitely think the design needs some more work before it can make such a dramatic impact on the skyline. The shorter part of the tower just looks a little out of place to me, and I feel there should be more unity between the two elements.

Personally I think it's ridiculous. For starters, with all the green and blue glass buildings in Toronto, anything other than that is a bonus. Second, why do they care how tall it is??? If they can get the tenants, who cares?? Another supertall in the city will just ad to our great skyline.

Back