They're putting the insulation between the two buildings and building the elevator shaft for floor 5, today:
1000006409.jpg

Starting to feel a lot more substantial that corner for sure now. Dare I say, even toronto-esque.

But thankfully not quite as stifling feeling as toronto.. so far.

They are moving at some pace now, great photos. As this quadrant of downtown is becoming the epicentre of development it will be key to invest in public spaces on George and Hess, ideally they both become pedestrian only.

They are moving at some pace now, great photos. As this quadrant of downtown is becoming the epicentre of development it will be key to invest in public spaces on George and Hess, ideally they both become pedestrian only.
Can imagine how wildly this will transform when you add in the Bentall Green Oak rentals a block away.

I mean when you consider the amount of proposals across the downtown it's actually pretty shocking. If even half of them get built the downtown is going to be a wildly different place.

I was a summer student in the Hamilton Planning Department back when the Piggott Sunlife buildings were being converted to condos, (yes back in the late 80s), and thought wow that was a bold move, then 30 years of decline and really nothing on the residential front. So yes agree to see the ground swell of this type of development makes me very happy, and hopefully this actually makes for a wave of investment in retail / commercial development (beyond Copps rebuild).

I'm really hoping the plan to clad the exposed concrete facing east. I'm not hopeful knowing Vrancor, but that may be why that noticeably large gap exists.
I honestly think they are planning for future demolition of the remaining textile building which would finish up this block and cover that wall.

I mean I often forget that building is even THERE- and when the next tower goes up beside it it will be hidden completely.

I honestly think they are planning for future demolition of the remaining textile building which would finish up this block and cover that wall.

I mean I often forget that building is even THERE- and when the next tower goes up beside it it will be hidden completely.
I'm referring to the one on this building, facing King St, but the Marquee building is a similar situation.

I'm doubtful the Textile building will ever be demolished and I don't see Core Urban selling it anytime soon.

Back