Second floor nearing completion and the intersection looks like a construction mess but good:
1000004452.jpg

Second floor nearing completion and the intersection looks like a construction mess but good:
View attachment 543765

Looks Beautiful! 😍
(the construction mess, not the poor quality vrancoor finishes)

I predict the next excuse to delay LRT another 2-4 years will be to debate / redesign the route to move the useless Mary Street stop here to Bay Street.

All these residential units + McMaster’s emerging downtown ‘campus’ + Copps Colliseum’s new street-facing bar!

Looks Beautiful! 😍
(the construction mess, not the poor quality vrancoor finishes)

I predict the next excuse to delay LRT another 2-4 years will be to debate / redesign the route to move the useless Mary Street stop here to Bay Street.

All these residential units + McMaster’s emerging downtown ‘campus’ + Copps Colliseum’s new street-facing bar!
I don't think the Mary St stop is super useless, would be serving KiWi & 1 Jarvis in addition to whatever gets developed behind the International Village between Mary/Ferguson and Catherine/Mary, not to mention the 117 Jackson development and the Walnut residences and the building proposed at Jackson/Ferguson corner.

While all these people could walk to Wellington or James, having a stop closer makes a lot of sense as this is likely to develop into one of the highest density areas in the city in the future.

If a Bay St stop is included, it has likely already been decided behind the scenes, and will be released when the updated drawings are public (one day).

ive said it before, but if you look at the set back that the new mac residence has from the street at bay, its pretty clear mac has worked something out with metrolinx.

ive said it before, but if you look at the set back that the new mac residence has from the street at bay, its pretty clear mac has worked something out with metrolinx.
I don't think there's anything secret going on. The plans without a Bay St stop show the sidewalk being set back a lot closer to the McMaster building.

Though I do think this was done to leave room for a future LRT stop. I personally think the LRT stop should go to the Eastern side of Bay St, though there is room there too.
1000004499.png

This one feels like it's taking forever - whereas the one across from it is going at a fast pace.

That pic feels very "toronto" with the development on both sides. It's not often almost an entire city block gets redeveloped.

I wonder how the textile factory feels all sandwiched in the back there lol.. it's easy to forget it even exists..

Bottom photo shows how King and Caroline is being transformed from street level.

Top photo shows the form work on this one, including a stair egress that currently presents as a skylight and a transfer slab on the south. I didn't realize till I got home that my pic didn't extend further to the right but meant to capture how this building is abutting/ attaching itself to the Marquee building to the south. On the east side, it looks like a very small separation will be left between this one and the Mac building from what I can tell.

434722542_7442119872490556_2506284962420731308_n.jpg

434371230_802999825066387_2249802549426572013_n.jpg

Back