I believe they are done the podium levels now. The floor getting formed right now is the first tower floor.
That seems to be correct. Though I will say the step back is minimal so it's barely noticeable!

Also: Looking through the documents for this, it does appear the podium levels overhang the property line which is interesting. Some units will be floating above City of Hamilton owned property:
1000008416.png

Last edited:
Let's get the render back on this page:

7rklXGN.png

along with the most up to date image:

1000008413-jpg.577300

..it is just me or does the formwork.. not seem to reflect the render..?

Now that the scaffolding is gone, we can see how close to the street it really is. And honestly, it really does feel too close to the street. Not sure how that got approved. It's close even for Toronto standards.
I agreed. It's really weird and uncomfortable. I'm also wondering if it was done to mitigate wind as I recall the DRP noting far too high wind speeds at ground floor.

Now I'm super curious as just how close to the street this is, guess I'm going for a walk sometime this weekend to see myself.

Now that the scaffolding is gone, we can see how close to the street it really is. And honestly, it really does feel too close to the street. Not sure how that got approved. It's close even for Toronto standards.
It's unfortunate considering the wide space next door at the McMaster building .

Back