This should be fully complete by 2045. By that time the Square One District will be done, East Harbor will be complete, Metro Toronto Convention Center will be re-developed, a new Stadium replacing the Skydome would have been built, and the Ontario Line will be done as well and hopefully Toronto will have an NFL team with a stadium at Downsview and many other skyscrapers would have been built including Mirvish+Gehry, and YSL.

Toronto will only be second to New York in terms of skyscrapers in North America.
...and in few years after that, this site will be a transit hub where western extension of Ontario line, southwest extension of future Jane LRT and GO station will meke HBS the best connected part of GTA :D

i just noticed they have a new master plan for 2150 yet again on toronto development applications submitted 3 days ago

it doesn't look like major changes so far... but there are some changes

some towers have been reduced.... some increased. now 8 towers over 50s. used to be 7... also some slight tinkering with the floor heights... while the largest tower didn't lose any floors, it lost about 10m from it's height going down to 215m. the tower at lake shore and park lawn is now quite prominent. it's taller than westlake across the street...(176m)

better parkland sun

talking about both schools, library, two daycares and community centre too... basically addressing all the city complaints

also the water tower is now in the go station area and not in the park

they widened the ROW for the streetcar... also apparently i missed it on other master plans but the streetcar is going to go around the office buildings and be right beside the go train? awesome.

Last edited:
also they were kind enough to provide a model

which may end up being a mistake depending who you ask

mistakesweremade.jpg

Last edited:
they widened the ROW for the streetcar... also apparently i missed it on other master plans but the streetcar is going to go around the office buildings and be right beside the go train? awesome.
Great change!

I have to say I am impressed with the level of thought and care going into the design. Seems to be the best of all the big district redevelopment plans in the city.

Last edited:
I really do agree. I think the design of the buildings are beautiful, if this were just glass boxes then this would be different story. It seems like they are realising that more opportunities for interesting retail, work spaces, recreation and culture is what this community needs. It's important to advocate for this as the community needs entertainment and vibrancy, as well as affordable housing.

Incoming details from the new Docs. Full Credit to @DopeyFish for highlighting their existence!

From the Planning Rationale Report:

1615156712468.png

1615156771715.png

1615156793778.png

1615156823517.png

1615156848853.png
1615156871817.png

1615156895255.png

From their section on high quality architecture and design: (not sure if we've seen these before or not)

1615157074337.png
1615157125972.png

Last edited:
Can't wait to see Koops redesign all these new towers on Toronto's Illustrated diagrams page on skyscraperpage! Most of the new tower proposals are supposably much higher than the previous ones.

Make no mistake about it, IMO this is the best master plan Toronto has ever seen (and this is coming from someone who is shuttering from the though of all this density packed into the neighborhood).

This city's planning dept can really learn a thing or two (...or a whole hell of a lot) from Allies and Morrison. The attention to detail, and the amount of revisions we've seen shows that they are really putting careful thought into each and every aspect of the site.

Would be interested in the floor plans to see if they include "enclosed" office space for each member of the family, not just a shared alcove. (Okay, the cat and dog can share an alcove.)

Back