I must agree with Deadpool. I traveled to LA on business at least once per month for many years and it's such an impressive skyline, and vastly underrated, most of which is Class A commercial office. Probably the #3 in the US after NYC and Chicago in my opinion. Perhaps it's the brand image attributes of Hollywood/celebrity/beaches/SoCal lifestyle which prevents it from being seen as a major business centre, but trust me, there is a lot of business being done in downtown LA.

Today from Marlee and Eglinton:

IMG_0093.jpeg

Please pardon the 12x zoom made from the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

LA has 14 buildings taller than the tallest in this cluster. The tallest one in LA is taller than any building in Canada. LA's skyline is bigger than one imagines.
Roof height of the Wilshire Grand Centre in LA is 934 ft (284.8 m) adding the antenna makes it 1,100 ft (335.3 m) the building itself is shorter then First Canadian Place which is 978 ft (298 m) to the top of the roof, to the tip of the roof antennas it is 1,165 ft (355 m) they don't count the antennas at the FCP

LA has 14 buildings taller than the tallest in this cluster. The tallest one in LA is taller than any building in Canada. LA's skyline is bigger than one imagines.
One does not think of LA when discussing or comparing skylines. One or two tall buildings does not make a skyline.

One does not think of LA when discussing or comparing skylines. One or two tall buildings does not make a skyline.
I am not sure if you followed the discussion but "someone did think of LA as a skyline comparison". If LA has one or two tall buildings then Toronto has 3 or 4 tall buildings.

If you care about numbers then LA has 32 buildings taller than 150 m and Toronto has 75 buildings. Toronto had 32 skyscrapers just 9 years ago.

Sorry for continuing this off topic discussion.

Back