What is everybody thinking for the timelines on this project? As someone living in an east facing unit in 320 Richmond I'm curious when I will be plunged into years of construction and permanent darkness.

The land transaction for Brigden Place noted above in a comment in October is finally coming to council for a vote on March 10. Thanks to Northern Light for pointing me here.

The land transaction for Brigden Place noted above in a comment in October is finally coming to council for a vote on March 10. Thanks to Northern Light for pointing me here.
And the resolution to close the laneway and sell it to the developer was adopted by Council yesterday.

??what will happen to this massive necessary development , now that there is a 90 metre restriction. ?

What are you asking?

The LPAT settlement was in 2019.

So the development plan is following that settlement.

Last edited:
there was a quiet by-law passed this week limiting the height on 4 segmented areas of everything south of queen and east of Jarvis .
are all the proposed developments over the last 5-10 years grandfathered , in terms of height .

FWIW here's the BlogTO reporting on the bylaw: https://www.blogto.com/real-estate-...o-bans-tall-buildings-downtown-neighbourhood/

It may not have been "quiet" to people in the industry, local neighborhood groups or very close observers, but I think it's a fair statement that this is a massive public policy proclamation that definitely hasn't been on the broader public radar (as Alex B and others note).

Totally outrageous.

i think city will reverse their decision in few years, once they realize the potential of this neighborhood.

Thanks for the clarification - yes it will be considered by Council on May 5th:

Write to your councillors!!
Though one can always write to Councillors, the revisions to the King-Parliament Secondary Plan have been through a lengthy and exhaustive (and exhausting!) process: anyone who had comments should have been there as it's probably far too late to change anything now. Of course, it will certainly be appealed to LPAT so one can certainly expect changes that will benefit developers - in general neighbourhood groups (St lawrence Neighbourhood Assn, West Don lands Committee etc) are in favour of what was passed TEYCC a few days ago, as am I.

Back