fine, I'll just post what everyone else does. In fact, I'll even bridge the divide between archi-geeks and archi-snobs a bit:

OMG, look at the cladding! It'll make our skyline so much better in postcards! That parking lot is an eyesore that must be developed right now...why wouldn't someone desire residential buildings near the central train station? If you disagree, not only are you dragging out tired/pathetic arguments, you're visually illiterate...this is well designed!!!

Scarb, 'well designed' is secondary to my argument - an argument that really centers around land use. Why are you so set against pure residential in the core? There seems to be enough land down there dedicated to uses that are specific to the core - and there seems to remain a many year's supply of it for new projects.

You don't have to post what 'everyone else does'. Is that what I've posted?

I don't see a convincing argument from you that this plot of land is sacrosanct commercial material.

It's an internet forum...even if arguments are "convincing," no one's actually going to change their mind. Your argument isn't convincing, either.

Well, at least I have one.

Even though you guys have no interest in being "convinced," since inquiring minds want to know, I'll retread: there isn't a "many year supply" of similarly well-located sites, especially since residential uses stick around longer than other uses. I'd prefer to see the site be used differently...it's that simple. If I was in charge, I'd probably still use my APPROVE stamp on it. It's always amusing to watch forumers run around like chickens with their heads cut off when tall condo proposals aren't unanimously supported.

http://cormier.bassoburo.com/project/300-front-street/

27_01_img_1.jpg

30_01_img_5-6.jpg

Even though you guys have no interest in being "convinced," since inquiring minds want to know, I'll retread: there isn't a "many year supply" of similarly well-located sites, especially since residential uses stick around longer than other uses. I'd prefer to see the site be used differently...it's that simple. If I was in charge, I'd probably still use my APPROVE stamp on it. It's always amusing to watch forumers run around like chickens with their heads cut off when tall condo proposals aren't unanimously supported.
Defensive much?

Scarb (re your second last port): Buaaaaack buck buck buck buck buck buck.

Grey: funny!

So we don't know when this one goes to council for approval (or lack thereof) ?

Back