I am still thinking that what normally ruins buildings will come to the rescue of this one, and that is blinds.

Interesting. I have heard "wait til the building is finished" before, but I have never heard "wait for the blinds". When you think about it though, you might be right. White blinds on the white section and black blinds on the black section would certainly help to break up the mish-mash

While I hate the cladding in general, I'm not sure why Tridel didn't match the balcony glass colour to that of the windows. It looks terrible.

My thoughts as well. I think they had some leftover glass from 'Reve' sitting in a warehouse and decided to use that. What they really should have done was go with white balcony glass or something light (perhaps using Aura's balcony glass).

Rough sketch by me. Credit for the original photo belongs to someMidTowner.
juZF2Ob-white.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. I have heard "wait til the building is finished" before, but I have never heard "wait for the blinds". When you think about it though, you might be right. White blinds on the white section and black blinds on the black section would certainly help to break up the mish-mash

Depending on the amount of tint in the glass blinds/curtains can make a little difference or a large difference once occupied.

Jason Bruges Studio is working on an installation for 300 Front Street West's park. Granite monoliths will take shadows from one side and project them on the opposite side using LEDs. Just a guess but this is probably going to be very popular for park visitors.
The installation will open Autumn 2014.

Design Week article.

It looks amazing in that shot indeed, especially the wall facing the transformer station. Probably the best I have seen this building look in any photo ever.

It looks amazing in that shot indeed, especially the wall facing the transformer station. Probably the best I have seen this building look in any photo ever.

+1.

On a side note, I don't think 300 Front is as bad as most people make it out to be. I'd still take it any day over a Cinema Tower or Infinity phase II... By not using green glass alone is refreshing.
I think 300 looks quite nicely framed from the CN tower/Skydome/Aquarium space.

Ya, great pic. But I always thought that 300 Front looked great. I really couldn't understand all the criticism. But I'm also partial to dark buildings and don't mind black and white spandrel ;)

Back