Great picture TWM. That said, where did the power station go? In that image, 300 Front seems to take up the whole property...

I suppose this view was 'carefully' captured such that ICON2 and Jefferson would effectively block the power station from this view (don't think the transformer is generally a selling feature)

300 Front St W Suite Renderings

Here are a couple of renderings of a 300 Front St W suite.

The kitchen features AEG (Advanced Engineering from Germany) appliances:

Stainless steel oven with ceramic cooktop with Faber stainless steel canopy range hood
Stainless steel microwave
Stainless steel dishwasher

Fully integrated Liebherr refrigerator

kitchen_wlogo_1000.jpg

suite_wlogo_1000.jpg

I really like those interiors. THis is one building that really stands out in my mind in terms of location, architecture, interiors, etc.

The suite above is inaccurate, as it appears the building is located where Shangri-la is going

Edit: actually, looks a bit more north, a bit north of where Canada Life is

The kitchen features AEG (Advanced Engineering from Germany) appliances:

Not to nitpick, but AEG stands for Allgemeine Elektrizitäts Gesellschaft, which roughly translates to General Electric Company. That's an interesting Anglicization, though. It reminds me of when A&P teutonized their acronym to "Attraktiv und Preiswert" (Attractive and Affordable) in Germany.

I wonder what it would cost to move that power station...the land has to be very valuable..

Hipster, bist du eigentlich Deutscher(In), oder zu mindest Deutsch sprachig?

IF not you will not know what I wrote, if you are then you will..

Nonetheless, this building has a pretty nice slender profile and looks at least from Tridels' posted pic that it will fit in perfectly. One thing I wonder about though, is whether or not the Convention Centre (the long brown glass building) along Front will be redeveloped? In my opinion it would make sense for them to either sell the property and redevelop elsewhere (not likely) or redevelop and expand their premises and add sellable density above it.

p5

Suite 1E

I really like those interiors. THis is one building that really stands out in my mind in terms of location, architecture, interiors, etc.

The suite above is inaccurate, as it appears the building is located where Shangri-la is going

Edit: actually, looks a bit more north, a bit north of where Canada Life is

The suite design shown is a 1 bedroom 1E. The suite faces almost directly east. The suite width is just a little more than 20 feet and the balcony is the full length just outside the floor to ceiling low-E windows. Depending on the floor the suite is located the views should be quite impressive.

The approximate views from the building can be on our Views Gallery.

i love the clean modern look for the kitchen, but it's really going to be hard to get at your stuff without handles on the cabinets. i know because i don't have handles on my cabinets yet.

One thing I wonder about though, is whether or not the Convention Centre (the long brown glass building) along Front will be redeveloped? In my opinion it would make sense for them to either sell the property and redevelop elsewhere (not likely) or redevelop and expand their premises and add sellable density above it.

p5
I read somewhere (Toronto Star?) that the east(?) end of the convention centre is gradually sinking!

Hipster, bist du eigentlich Deutscher(In), oder zu mindest Deutsch sprachig?

p5

Ich bin gar kein Deutscher, aber ein echt halber-Schwab.;)

I hope that MTCC redoes their Front facade, possibly selling air rights in the process. That thing ist furchtbar

Moreover, the flyby render which Tridelwebmaster posted earlier shows just how ripe the center's roof is for redevelopment. Think of what could go up there - park, soccer field, tennis courts, mini-golf, driving range??

As long as the trusses can support it, shoot for the moon!

That aerial render clearly shows just how absurd the City's "skyline tapering" policy is. This building is practically right next to the 552m CN Tower, yet the City demanded it be chopped from 58 storeys and 199m down to 52 storeys and 156m.

I am still bummed about that -- especially now that 355 King West, just a few blocks north, is going for 177m.

Also, I don't know how the hell this tapering policy is supposed to make any sense at all fifty years from now when density patterns will have completely changed. Seems pretty short-sighted.

Back