I would love to live in the CBD. Say an entire floor in one of those beautiful century old office buildings around Yonge and King.

Indeed. My wife and I just moved into 7 King Street East and we adore how easy it is to access the best of the city from here. I could see us living in this area for a long time, or at least returning to it after having raised a family (not that we couldn't raise a family in this area, but we have our hearts set on a Vic somewhere in the Annex). Of course, we don't have an entire floor in one of those century-old office buildings, but our view of them from the patio/garden atop the building's 3-storey podium is fantastic.

It's time that we officially said, by the way, congratulations to Ramako, who has recently become UrbanToronto's latest addition to the panel of Moderators. We have added a thread in the Forum Issues section in that regard.

December 30th:

6jKKIiQ.jpg

CIMG7179.jpg

CIMG7180.jpg

CIMG7181.jpg

CIMG7182.jpg

you can now go inside the building.
CIMG7183.jpg

a "Buck Rogers" style intercom. a woman's
voice, talks to you asking how she can help
you.
CIMG7184.jpg

CIMG7185.jpg

CIMG7186.jpg

people moving in as the building is still
under construction.
CIMG7187.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG7179.jpg
    CIMG7179.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,084
  • CIMG7180.jpg
    CIMG7180.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,082
  • CIMG7181.jpg
    CIMG7181.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,093
  • CIMG7182.jpg
    CIMG7182.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,147
  • CIMG7183.jpg
    CIMG7183.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,075
  • CIMG7184.jpg
    CIMG7184.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,077
  • CIMG7185.jpg
    CIMG7185.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,080
  • CIMG7186.jpg
    CIMG7186.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,068
  • CIMG7187.jpg
    CIMG7187.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,106
Tridel knows how to do common areas well.

People should be moving into the 16th and 17th floors about now...still a long ways off from full occupancy, likely the middle to end of the year.

Right, a hydro sub-station is something to be proud in our downtown core:eek:

Its going to be completely refurbished once Roundhouse Hydro substation is complete so hopefully we'll see something a little more eye please.

But ummm all downtowns, and citys for that matter, need hydro substations so why is having one a problem again? Id say not having enough has been a problem for the city recently.

Any links regarding the Windsor Station refurbishing? I've heard nothing of it to be honest. Excited by this though!

My apologies folks. I think I over estimated Hydro's Upgrades. Looked through Bremner Station plans which mentioned generalized Winsdor Upgrade. But upon finding this it seems the upgrades are far less major from an aesthetics point of view.

permitting the removal from service and the replacement of end-of-life switchgear
at Windsor TS,

and

The project will provide capacity required to facilitate the staged replacement of old air24
blast switchgear at Windsor TS, reducing the risk of customer outage due to equipment
25 failure at Windsor TS. It also reduces the overall loading level at Windsor TS, thereby
26 diversifying customer supply, and mitigating the impact of high-impact low-probability
27 station events.

My mistake.

But we can dare to dream of a world beyond huge iPad banners one day...

its too bad, the new bremner station gives Hydro the perfect chance to rebuild it and otherwise really reconfigure the windsor station, before Bremner is actually needed for additional capacity.

I'm fine with Windsor Station to the point that I wish they would expose it by removing the billboards and reface the wall with nice brick and inbedded lights and, heck, even imbedded advertisement.

Back