Even if one doesn't drive, they shouldn't have friends & family that have to park their car so far away that they need TTC to visit them.
That's not my point. There's actually lay-by parking on Bloor and on Spadina within a block or two… but because this building is right at a subway station, I suspect that most visitors to the building will take the subway. If potential purchasers are concerned, however, that the building won't have guest parking for their guests, then they might not buy here, and that would be their prerogative.

I understand that it seems like parking would be a good thing to have, and yeah it definitely has some undeniable uses, but there's already plenty of housing stock in this city that has no guest parking. I live in an apartment in a divided house and I have no parking or guest parking. If people want to visit they gotta find a spot on a street somewhere nearby, and yeah that's challenging or doesn't work with overnight parking rules in some situations, but yeah, it's what it is. Lots of peoples living arrangements already don't have access to parking, and that's always going to be something in the mix.

I understand that it seems like parking would be a good thing to have, and yeah it definitely has some undeniable uses, but there's already plenty of housing stock in this city that has no guest parking. I live in an apartment in a divided house and I have no parking or guest parking. If people want to visit they gotta find a spot on a street somewhere nearby, and yeah that's challenging or doesn't work with overnight parking rules in some situations, but yeah, it's what it is. Lots of peoples living arrangements already don't have access to parking, and that's always going to be something in the mix.

That's not my point. There's actually lay-by parking on Bloor and on Spadina within a block or two… but because this building is right at a subway station, I suspect that most visitors to the building will take the subway. If potential purchasers are concerned, however, that the building won't have guest parking for their guests, then they might not buy here, and that would be their prerogative.

Green P parking is already highly lucrative. Let's not make it any more lucrative or Scarce-Lucrative.

We're not building more roads. You think we should continue to promote car usage for increasingly clogged thoroughfares? To quote you…

OH PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not about promoting car usage.
It goes too far the other direction though with no place to park when parking is needed.

No Docs Yet; but description modified to read that the tower will set atop an 8-storey base:

1637056333008.png

The description just changed overnight at 2am.

A bit of patience young whippersnapper. Some of us wanted to go back to bed! LOL

Love the black and reddish orange beams and cladding! Making this building look rich and pop out from the regular towers beside it. This would look great as a supertall along Toronto's waterfront! As seen in the photos up above.

Back