It's a relief to not see the standard semi-glossy plastic window wall with raised mullions and mismatched grey/blue colours.

Hate this. 50% glass or less on a modern tower just doesn't do it for me. Especially when it's ugly.

That's the whole reason I like it. Toronto is starting to look like a big mirror. With the exception of a few big office towers and major projects, the less glass the better IMO.

Podium glass looks good:
692255CC-506A-4F78-9E79-78C78F13AB05.jpeg
5BA351B6-F64D-4BEB-A9BC-4A5F2DEEA3F9.jpeg

I am not sure this piece of dreck is even worthy of being a bad Concord building. The aesthetic mess is covered in cheap looking aluminum panels (which will age badly...and I mean look substantially worse in 3 years) and is nowhere even close to being "decent/quality architecture". It's ugly, it's cheap looking (and no doubt cheap in quality) and all attempts at making this box look interesting are let down by the low quality in materials and detailing. It has all the beauty of a 42 story aluminum shed.

The very fact that many come to this thread and say "I like this" is probably the saddest thing.....and perhaps explains why so many new buildings in this city are simply a blight on the landscape.

Last edited:
Yeah it's a mess and complete waste of opportunity at this corner. Should have had bricks etc.

I like these posts just to thank the poster that took time to take the photos, come back and update them for us. Not really for the building.

This one is a big disappointment

I am not sure this piece of dreck is even worthy of being a bad Concord building. The aesthetic mess is covered in cheap looking aluminum panels (which will age badly...and I mean look substantially worse in 3 years) and is no where even close to being "decent/quality architecture". Its ugly, its cheap looking (and no doubt cheap in quality) and all attempts at making this box look interesting are let down by the low quality in materials and detailing. It has all the beauty of a 42 story aluminum shed.

The very fact that many come to this thread and say "I like this" is probably the saddest thing.....and perhaps explains why so many new buildings in this city are simply a blight on the landscape.
When I say I like this, I'm not saying I think it's great architecture by any means or something we should strive for. I simply think the building looks fine, inoffensive, and better than what's around it.

Of course Toronto should want better than this. But it has multiple colours that arent blue, and an interesting feature with the Y near the base.

There's lots worse in this city and I'm glad were slowly getting better quality buildings more consistently. That does not mean I'm showering this building with praise or would want it on every city corner.

Great Gulf has a few stinkers lately. This is terrible, Never thought I’d see GG’s name attached to something like this. What’s sad is it’s at the corner so it can’t get blocked in by new construction. It will always be visible. Shame.

Of course Toronto should want better than this. But it has multiple colours that arent blue,

This is why I like it, and like any building that isn't blue/green. It's why I like Time and Space Condo's. With all the blue/green glass rectangles in the city, Toronto is like one big mirror.

Even though 219 Duncan is so popular on here, I'm not a fan because it's more glass/mirror looking again. So while the quality of the materials might be bad on some projects like this one and Time and Space, I cant tell the difference. What I can tell, it's one more skyscraper going up in the city and that doesn't have a glass look to it.

Only a few exceptions do I like the glass look. CIBC Square is very nice, and 160 Front I'm sure will be nice too.

Last edited:

Back