Request for Direction Report to oppose this one at OLT headed to the next meeting of TEYCC:

Shadow Impacts loom large here (pun intended).......both on the neighbourhood but also on Winchester and Winchester Square Parks

Setbacks are also noted as issues.

One other notable here, the City's records show 44 apartments here, but the proponent is only proposing to replace 32.

There are additional, mostly minor matters.

NJS Capital (the proponent here) just registered to lobby on this one, effective today.

🤨

This one is already before the OLT.

Hmmmm

No new Docs u/l.

NJS Capital (the proponent here) just registered to lobby on this one, effective today.

🤨

This one is already before the OLT.

Hmmmm

No new Docs u/l.
Brand new Councillor in the ward, all new staff in his office... if you want to talk to any of them about your active development file - you will need to register all over again.

I think it looks dated and drab, too - the tower portion, at least. As for the one protruding box on that inset darker floor - well, it looks like a shopworn architectural cliché.

July resubmission here. Lost 10 storeys and is now preserving the south heritage building in its entirety:

1689696459056.png

1689696484402.png

New renderings are updated in the database. The total storey count changed from 49 storey to 39 storey. Height also changed from 154.50m to 129.04m. Finally, the car parking was reduced from 92 parking to 8 parking.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via SPA.

This one is on the agenda for tomorrow's Council meeting in the form of a Request for Direction Report:

We can reasonably infer the settlement above constituted a settlement offer.

This one is on the agenda for tomorrow's Council meeting in the form of a Request for Direction Report:

We can reasonably infer the settlement above constituted a settlement offer.

None of us really followed up on this...........

The Settlement was adopted by Council.

The renders and details are consistent with @ProjectEnd 's post above mine.

There is one notable here though, which I assume @HousingNowTO duly recorded, but just in case, I will flag here:

1719407410590.png

1719407447679.png

@fredsintown a good question. Nominally, for heritage reasons. But if you read back.....you'll find some discussion, including by me, suggesting that retaining these for said purpose was not merited.

I completely get the idea of building a compatible podium level w/nearby heritage, (ie. brick, traditional styling), but we could have done much better replacing than retaining here, in my opinion.

I should add for clarity only one of the old apartments is being saved entirely, the other is having its facade retained.

Last edited:

Back