"amber-coloured Whisky Fountain. Dousing beach-goers as they cool down..."?

Ummmmm. Abdridged version of the wordiness: golden shower. No thanks.

Love the plans in general, but this sounds like a cheesy theme park trick. Just use plain water, thanks.

Last edited:
It's official. With all the recently announced new projects, my head has exploded. It has become virtually impossible to keep up with all the high-rise developments going on in Toronto.

In other words: Oh, another 50-story tower for Toronto? By Cityzen you say? All right, that's good. What's going to be announced tomorrow?

It's official. With all the recently announced new projects, my head has exploded. It has become virtually impossible to keep up with all the high-rise developments going on in Toronto.

In other words: Oh, another 50-story tower for Toronto? By Cityzen you say? All right, that's good. What's going to be announced tomorrow?

Yeah, but this project brings SO much more than just another several towers.

The public spaces are what I'm super excited about at this location. The buildings themselves are secondary, IMO.

"amber-coloured Whisky Fountain. Dousing beach-goers as they cool down..."?

Ummmmm. Abdridged version of the wordiness: golden shower. No thanks.

Love the plans in general, but this sounds like a cheesy theme park trick. Just use plain water, thanks.

HAHAHAHAHA

It is plain water lol...just the fountain itself is yellow as seen in Claude Cormier's renderings.

Thank you for the laugh ;) But your idea DOES sound interesting.

Here:

954_59_img_10a_zps4a216d52.jpg

Image from Claude Cormier's website for the 3C Project

:cool:

So: Amber Fountain with normal water. Check and Check ;)

Ifit did indeed spew alcohol, I think it would become a magnet for underage teenagers looking to get drunk for free, easily, no matter how bad the dirty recirculated beer/whiskey tastes haha.

IMO these more recent projects probably won't start for a while, probably not until the next condo cycle begins.

Indeed, it's hard to see this rising soon. But what an incredibly well-designed project. Can't we just give the rest of the city to these people and let them run it?

The public realm aspects and connection to the Distillery District are the best parts of the proposal. What it also shows is the need to build the East Bayfront LRT sooner than later.

I find it a bit surprising that Claude Cormier posted this on their website when Cityzen haven't even an announcement around the details around the project (nor Foster + Partners et al)

AoD

I'm truly happy about Whisky Beach. Sugar Beach and hTO are well-frequented and well-used, even though Sugar is a bit isolated.

It's a really brilliant public space type in Toronto, and it's it's not broken, why not continue with it?

DKsan:

Agree - I am amazed by how well Claude Cormier's design meshed with the overall West8/DTAH theme. I do wish that HtO can be brought up to the same quality as Sugar Beach; as it stands right now, the project suffered from the use of lower quality materials (e.g. cast in concrete walkways instead of granite/concrete unit pavings, etc.)

AoD

DKsan:

Agree - I am amazed by how well Claude Cormier's design meshed with the overall West8/DTAH theme. I do wish that HtO can be brought up to the same quality as Sugar Beach; as it stands right now, the project suffered from the use of lower quality materials (e.g. cast in concrete walkways instead of granite/concrete unit pavings, etc.)

AoD

They also cut out the water feature at H2O, to save a few bucks. If you're going to build a beach for tanning, you need a water feature to cool off on hot summer days. (especially with children)

Back