They also cut out the water feature at H2O, to save a few bucks. If you're going to build a beach for tanning, you need a water feature to cool off on hot summer days. (especially with children)

I remembering thinking at the time.... how can they cut the water feature at a place called HtO? Don't they get it? In the summer it is now desert and dry grass dunes park.

Wish the proponents would stop showing streetcars on QQE until TTC and WT find a spine and some money. I guess an articulated bus doesn't set the tone intended...

Hope a lot sooner than that!

Sam Crignano, President of Cityzen, says in the Cityzen Blog last Dec, 2012: "Next year will be a busy year for us with several projects on the go. The next phase at Pier 27 is in the approval stages and we look forward to bringing it to market next summer. Cherry Street at Cherry and Queen's Quay is our other waterfront project. We're in discussions right now with respect to the approvals with the city and Waterfront Toronto. We're hopeful that the first phase will come to market as early as next summer or early fall".

They could put the big box store in the grain elevator, wrap it in red brick and call it "Donmouth Shopping Centre."

Edit: After looking at that photograph I realized the elevators resemble a temple. So perhaps turn it into a multi-faith house of worship?

eg:
midnight: Druids
1am: Amish
2am: Shul
3am: mosque
4am: temple
5am: Tim Hortons
etc :p

Normally I think your posts are pretty ridiculous, but this one is hilarious. Thanks :)

I don't know if anyone else noticed that the colour of the water in the Parliament Slip was a lighter shade of blue than Lake Ontario in the now gone Claude Cormier renderings but it reminded me of the idea that was circulating last year about building a large outdoor pool in the slip similar to Paris' Piscine Josephine Baker and the Islands Brygge Pools in Copehagen Harbour designed by Bjarn Ingels.

Havnebadet_ved_Islands_Brygge968.jpg

http://denmark.dk/en/~/media/Denmar...nebadet_ved_Islands_Brygge968.jpg?h=350&w=968

piscine_josephine_baker03.jpg

http://white.wind.free.fr/blog2/wp-content/images/2010/09/piscine_josephine_baker03.jpg

That would be classy.

In Waterfront Toronto's Board Presentation "Public Art Strategy for East Bayfront" on March 27th, 2013 they show an example of a pool structure located in a lake or river (someone on here will know where this is taken from, I'm sure of it lol). They placed this possible pool at the bottom of Sherbourne Common.

It would be very cool to swim in a clean pool while feeling you were in the lake. Nice that others are thinking this way, too. We have 'beaches', now we need a pool along this stretch of waterfront.

http://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/uploads/documents/east_bayfront_art_master_plan_1.pdf

Last edited:
Oops.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...lower-don-lands-project-released-prematurely/

"Mr. Cormier agrees that the project is a highly complex plan, in its early stages of design, that would require a multitude of approvals. He fears that the premature release of the design will do more harm than good to the proposal.

“You’re not in someone’s backyard.”

He wants the public to forget the images, which can no longer be seen on his website, until all the necessary approvals have been made.

“I would appreciate [that] for the project and for every [person] involved.”"

Oops.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...lower-don-lands-project-released-prematurely/

"Mr. Cormier agrees that the project is a highly complex plan, in its early stages of design, that would require a multitude of approvals. He fears that the premature release of the design will do more harm than good to the proposal.

“You’re not in someone’s backyard.â€

He wants the public to forget the images, which can no longer be seen on his website, until all the necessary approvals have been made.

“I would appreciate [that] for the project and for every [person] involved.â€"

From the National Post story, one of the major problems seems to be the proposed pedestrian link under the railine. However, this has been in many WT plans and drawings for ages (including the early Portlands ones) and the City are 'protecting' the possibility at the south end of Trinity Street where the Distilleey District's 'ribbon building' designs/renderings show a passageway.

Cormier may have posted the rendering faster than his partners wanted but nobody should have been surprised about the pedestrian tunnel under the tracks.

Cormier may have posted the rendering faster than his partners wanted but nobody should have been surprised about the pedestrian tunnel under the tracks.

Height might also be a factor....60-70 storeys here and the neighbourhood will be crying bloody murder:eek:

From the National Post story, one of the major problems seems to be the proposed pedestrian link under the railine. However, this has been in many WT plans and drawings for ages (including the early Portlands ones) and the City are 'protecting' the possibility at the south end of Trinity Street where the Distilleey District's 'ribbon building' designs/renderings show a passageway.

If a pedestrian tunnel is going to be built in that neighbourhood, wouldn't it be nice if any associated operation suspensions could be used to concurrently build a pedestrian underpass at Cherry Street so one excuse as to why the Cherry ROW "screeches to a loop" before the rail corridor goes away? (Assuming that telling pedestrians to just use 3C's underpass 220m away is off the table)

Height might also be a factor....60-70 storeys here and the neighbourhood will be crying bloody murder:eek:

You'd think that downtowners would be used to/welcoming of height by now. We have tall buildings in all sorts of areas where tall hadn't existed before. The sky doesn't fall. What's important is the design and how these buildings meet the street.

I don't think there would be that much opposition to tall here because it's pretty much a blank slate. This is where we should be building large, remarkable projects. And yes, I do mean instead of King street.

Back