Pivot Apartments actually looks better than a lot of other modern condos, particularly in the area, while its design isn't anything special, the quality of materials and attention to details are. Hopefully that'll bode well for this project.

Exactly,... RioCan did a much better construction job on Pivot because,... RioCan is keeping it for themselves,... it's in RioCan's own best interest to do a good construction job using quality material that'll last because they'll be the Owner/Landlord. In contrast to the crappy job Bazis did on EmeraldPark,... cutting every corner they can including workmanship and material.

About 3-4 years ago, Menkes was advertising 4800 Yonge locally via their "Live, Work, Play" ad,... I assume getting ready to launch,... but never did likely due to stuck at OMB/OLT, stalled Building Permits, Pandemic, etc,... now that they can expect Occupancy in 5 years and condo price and material market is more predictable,.... will Menkes launch soon, wait or go rental?

Last edited:
It's a condo @sunnyraytoronto. There's no conspiracy there. Also, Emerald Park has one of, if not the, best podiums in all of NYCC.
That really doesn't say a lot about the podiums in NYCC!

Yes, EmeraldPark's podium matches their towers better than most other projects,... but the execution was terrible:
- On 3rd floor Office-Condo floor, interior offices have no windows, no natural sunlight!
- Most locals don't even realize EmeraldPark has a mall because there's no mall doors along Yonge frontage! Bazis converted all that higher per square feet frontage space into retail store fronts to maximize their profits. I wish I got a dime for everytime I came across bewildered locals trying to figure out how to get inside the podium mall to the LCBO or FoodBasics.
- good luck lining up for the 1 toilet in the Food Court! During construction, FoodCourt/Mall washrooms were replaced by Loading Dock elevators to 2nd floor Metro,... the required washroom was redesigned into Mezzanine level at other side of Mall which nobody can find since it's hidden between 1st & 2nd floors with escalator going right by it! Only accessible via Mall elevators.

Here, the podium doors for Menkes 4800 Yonge will be easy to find, along with the new Subway Entrance,.... problem is - with minimal retail here and many other subway entrances nearby, locals will have little use of this podium.

Sorry for the window reflection in the second photo. Today:

20220524_144954.jpg
20220524_125716.jpg

first time seeing this proposal... love the high rise building, hate the podium that it's on. at the very least they seem mismatched and to be honest I would rather see this beautiful shape rising right from ground level.

Couple of views together of the tower (from a realtor).

4800-yonge-street-condos-01.jpg

Link

Guess this will be the tallest so far in North York (tops Hullmark by a lofty .27 metres)?

Last edited:
@AlbertC is well outside his typical territory here; wandering far afield..........any further north and he'll be filming for that TV show 'Strange New Worlds'........

I like the banter, but I've been up in NYCC my fair share of times. There's a decent amount of good restaurants between Sheppard to Finch. And Empress Walk is basically old stomping grounds for me as the theatre was where we used to go to a lot back in the summers of my high school days.

I like the banter, but I've been up in NYCC my fair share of times. There's a decent amount of good restaurants between Sheppard to Finch. And Empress Walk is basically old stomping grounds for me as the theatre was where we used to go to a lot back in the summers of my high school days.

Ahh; see I define your area(s) as Albertville - east of the Junction, west of Bathurst, at or south of St. Clair and north of Bloor; along with the area some know as Leslieville (Albertville East) and Parkdale when you want to remember your Dive Bar days and hang out w/ @Towered and Sunrise Champion.

LOL

I figure anything further afield is adventuring! I'm not sure your High School days count, I mean those were a generation ago...........back when you hung out with Katie!

(yes, I remember that post from the One Delisle thread)

On a further note, I expect your reviews of good Korean and Persian restos from that area to be published so I know where to hit up when I go up there to review a couple of Parks people have requested I look at.......

You should also remember to stop by and see @Edward Skira when you're in the hood, rumour is he hangs out in the area when he's not in the corner office at UT HQ.

Last edited:
Ahh; see I define your area(s) as Albertville - east of the Junction, west of Bathurst, at or south of St. Clair and north of Bloor; along with the area some known as Leslieville (Albertville East) and Parkdale when you want to remember your Dive Bar days and hang out w/ @Towered and Sunrise Champion.

LOL

I figure anything further afield is adventuring! I'm not sure your High School days count, I mean those were a generation ago...........back when you hung out with Katie!

(yes, I remember that post from the One Delisle thread)

On a further note, I expect your reviews of good Korean and Persian restos from that area to be published so I know where to hit up when I go up there to review a couple of Parks people have requested I look at.......

You should also remember to stop by and see @Edward Skira when you're in the hood, rumour is he hangs out the area when he's not in the corner office at UT HQ.

There's a place within the Empress Walk complex called Petit Potato that has a bit of something for everyone. Just have to remember to invite @sunnyraytoronto as well! ;)

Back