Makes me think they have picked up the 55 Yonge site, for what it's worth, to develop the block a bit more comprehensively.

55 Yonge just got its zoning though, so I'm not sure what SmartCentres play would be with it.
Hope you're wrong... would hate to see aA and SmartCentres messing with the approved PARTISANS beauty.

Neighbouring could always mean across a street, although we use proximate for that typically, at my company. Abutting is the property immediately next door.
(I have no knowledge here, but just in case there are some other options nearby that they might be referring to.)

The specific language in the presentation is:

Honestly I don't see any other real options other than picking up 55 Yonge.

That certainly leans to 53 since the Wellington site is separated via a lane. Though the Wellington property (but not the building) is adjoining, as the lane is not public.

That certainly leans to 53 since the Wellington site is separated via a lane. Though the Wellington property (but not the building) is adjoining, as the lane is not public.
Wellington is integrated into the 88 scott project and is basically brand new. Plus, this tower is well over 25m from 88 Scott so picking it up wouldn't provide much, if any value. It would be much better for Smart Centres to just negotiate a limiting distance agreement on that side.

53 is under the same ownership as 55 and is integral into that approval. I don't see SmartCentres picking up 53 without 55.

Again, all speculation, but I suspect SmartCentres picked up 53/55 and will be coming forward with a revised 2-tower application here, which would allow Smart Centres to come up with a more balanced proposal on 49-51 with more realistic floorplates.

Again, all speculation, but I suspect SmartCentres picked up 53/55 and will be coming forward with a revised 2-tower application here, which would allow Smart Centres to come up with a more balanced proposal on 49-51 with more realistic floorplates.

People are really enjoying 'sharing' w/me lately......... (keep it up everyone).

The above speculation, as it turns out, is not correct. 55 Yonge remains a separate proposal, under separate ownership and there is no contemplation of that changing.

FWIW, there isn't much to speculate about here..........don't want to be too revelatory, let's simply say that the original statements in the presentation are not materially significant.

But still very good of @innsertnamehere to pick up on that, as sometimes these things are; just not this time.

^^^ Is it just the facade that's designated or the whole building, including the interiors?

^^^ Is it just the facade that's designated or the whole building, including the interiors?

Buildings are designated, not features/facades.

That said, the designation describes what is historically significant.

If that description is limited to the facade, then a developer can reasonably propose to retain just that; but if the list of features lists key interior items that may limit redevelopment options.

In the case of 51, the details are very facade focused.

49 was not the subject of this report.

Appeals Report to the next meeting of TEYCC asking for direction to staff to oppose this at OLT:

From the above:

1686578417503.png

1686578451040.png

1686578478713.png

Staff support zero vehicle parking on this site, but have other transportation related concerns:

1686578566783.png

For the rest, follow the link.

Seems like the tl:dr of this is that, "We'll let you build this as long as the heritage portion is left unscathed!" It will be interesting to see how the developer can work with that...

If this tower is going to rise this tall right up next the proposed tower to the north etc. The tower should at least look similar to the slim One King West avalon shaped looking tower. That compliments the old bank building below having some concrete precast incorporated in with the glass and metal cladding. Not just this rectangular glass box protruding up over this beautiful old building in my opinion lol!

Back