The master plan for the block, and the application itself:

zyxPrcv.png

wx4f3wd.png

Doverwood Court should be extended to Yonge. Don't care if anyone here lives on that street and wants to kill me right now.

Doverwood Court should be extended to Yonge. Don't care if anyone here lives on that street and wants to kill me right now.

Huh,... extend Doverwood Court through private property to Yonge Street???

This area is in Yonge Street North Planning Study,.... and as you can see from the service road model, they're following the North York Secondary Plan model of using service ring roads to protect existing single residential neighbourhoods,... that's why Doverwood Court will not be extended to Yonge Street. Next parallel street south, Cummer Avenue already connects to Yonge Street.

Too bad that future road doesn't seem to connect nicely with the proposed street just south of Cummer as part of the Newtonbrook Plaza plan. Looks like that street placed just west of the existing 4-story apartment building would be at the second house on Cummer, while it appears this new street starts at where the fourth house currently sits.

From @Edward Skira in the Newtonbrook Plaza thread:

screen-shot-2015-11-26-at-thursday-nov-26-2015-9-10-54-am-png.60429

Huh,... extend Doverwood Court through private property to Yonge Street???

This area is in Yonge Street North Planning Study,.... and as you can see from the service road model, they're following the North York Secondary Plan model of using service ring roads to protect existing single residential neighbourhoods,... that's why Doverwood Court will not be extended to Yonge Street. Next parallel street south, Cummer Avenue already connects to Yonge Street.

Yeah, transfers of private lands to the city for road allowances never happens. I'm fully aware of the ring road. I just don't believe in them. get it?

Yeah, transfers of private lands to the city for road allowances never happens. I'm fully aware of the ring road. I just don't believe in them. get it?

Transfer of private land to the city only happens as part of Section 37, 42 or 45 when it's tied to the development proposal. Such as the extension of Anndale Drive to Yonge as part of Tridel HullmarkCentre development application.

With regards to your earlier beef that the public road for this development proposal won't line up with the public road for the Newtonbrook redevelopment proposal,.... why would you want them to line up? The city can not put in a signalized intersection at where these proposed public roads meet Cummer Ave anyways,... since they need 200m between signalized intersections. The public road for this development proposal is about 125m east of Yonge Street. The public road for the Newtonbrook redevelopment proposal is about 90m east of Yonge Street.

This development has been appealed to the OMB based on the City's lack of a decision, and it was appealed a long time ago on that basis, back in 2011. After some planning for the hearing back in 2011 and 2012, things were put on hold. Recently, things got going again with a pre-hearing meeting having taken place in the last week of January, with another one coming up in June, and the hearing itself scheduled for December.

hey @alex44452734, welcome to UrbanToronto… but before asking questions like that, it's worth reading other posts in the thread, particularly the most recent ones… and in fact I answered that question in the post before yours.

Ghods Builders have submitted a new Transportation Impact Study to the City as part of a settlement that is being worked towards in advance of a December 4, 2017 OMB Hearing. There are others with party status in the appeal, so even if the City and Ghods reach a settlement before December, a hearing is still likely (as opposed to simple ratification of the settlement).

This development has been appealed to the OMB based on the City's lack of a decision, and it was appealed a long time ago on that basis, back in 2011. After some planning for the hearing back in 2011 and 2012, things were put on hold. Recently, things got going again with a pre-hearing meeting having taken place in the last week of January, with another one coming up in June, and the hearing itself scheduled for December.

Hi,

I bought a condo at 5959 Yonge last year, Ghds builder keeps postponing the construction/Move-in date, which I assume its because they cannot acquire a permit from the city based on your information. Just wondering what's gonna happen if they cannot get the permit? Will this project get canceled? Do you know whats the reason why the city does not approve this project?

Thank you

Hi,

I bought a condo at 5959 Yonge last year, Ghods builder keeps postponing the construction/Move-in date, which I assume its because they cannot acquire a permit from the city based on your information. Just wondering what's gonna happen if they cannot get the permit? Will this project get canceled? Do you know whats the reason why the city does not approve this project?

Thank you
Once it has been appealed to the OMB, the City cannot approve it on its own. They might be negotiating in advance of the hearing in December, but they might not be, it depends upon if the City thinks Ghods' proposal is even in the ballpark of acceptability in the first place.

If the City and Ghods do not reach a settlement, or if Ghods does not win at the hearing, then Ghods has to decide whether or not to modify their proposal enough to make it acceptable to the City. They could decide to modify it, or yes, they could decide to cancel.

Back