Noticed today that they have blocked off the eastbound curb lane and I suspect they are about to move the pedestrian walkway onto it and remove the metal supporting 'corset' that is (was) supporting the heritage façade .
This on City website:
65king2.jpg

The southwest corner of king and church has gotten DENSE. I love it. 65 king is simple in design but looks well executed.

Google headquarters rising at 65 King St. East. Shown from the southwest corner of Leader Lane and Colborne St. Tom Jones Steakhouse, now closed and up for sale for 5 million is nestled beneath and in very close proximity to the tower. It is a heritage designated building.

DSCF3020 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Quick progress on cladding last week or so. View from my balcony. Is it true that a Provincial order stopped the enforcement of the Municipal Noise By-Laws? These guys have been starting work at 6/7am on Saturdays. Pretty annoying.

View attachment 304359View attachment 304360
I believe the lifting of noise restrictions only applies to health infrastructure construction, which is now allowed to go ahead 24 hrs a day. Call your local city councillor's office (KWT 416-392-7903).

There were crews doing work on the upper floor around 12:45am today - seems like they're racing to get this topped out

Back