maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
Why would Carttera use aA for Sixty Colborne and P+S for the office? Sad as the office should have a larger budget.

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I believe Sixty was primarily Freed with Carttera as a capital partner while this is entirely Carttera. It's not great but at least it's not the garbage Pellow pile that was initially proposed awhile back.

wolfewood

Member Bio
Reaction score
Arguably anything built here could be bland and background to highlight the heritage buildings on site. Something unique and nice would obviously be nicer but I think it wouldn't be an issue for a background building to be built here.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Two things to note here.

1 - This is a very preliminary rendering.
2 - P+S's Delta Toronto was UT's favourite building of 2014. When they've got a good budget behind them, they can certainly produce!

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of that. The Delta has a nice SSG curtainwall. Aside from that, is it really that much better than other P+S designs? Tower is pretty generic. The podium is a hulking, clumsy mass. Only gets worse at the PATH.

Red October

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of that. The Delta has a nice SSG curtainwall. Aside from that, is it really that much better than other P+S designs? Tower is pretty generic. The podium is a hulking, clumsy mass. Only gets worse at the PATH.
Lol wut.

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hahaha Ive heard it all, nothing is good enough for you:eek:

Seriously? I think I have proven myself time and time again to defend design in Toronto. That doesn't mean I can't be critical of it.The cladding is the exception here and not the design. Cladding simply enhances or diminishes the design concept. To that end, unfortunately, there are very few places with so many glass facades where SSG curtainwall stands out as an exception. I can only think of Vancouver.