And of course they painted that gorgeous wood grey. Those monsters.
The eye of the beholder and all that, but I think the new paint looks pretty sharp!

old.jpg
new.jpg

Last edited:
If it had already been painted and difficult to restore, sure (although I am absolutely sick of grey), but in this case it was unpainted and in good shape. How many rich, wooden entryways do we have like that in the city? Plus, the natural wood look seems fitting for a law firm, though perhaps they wanted to avoid that Old Money image.

If it had already been painted and difficult to restore, sure (although I am absolutely sick of grey), but in this case it was unpainted and in good shape. How many rich, wooden entryways do we have like that in the city? Plus, the natural wood look seems fitting for a law firm, though perhaps they wanted to avoid that Old Money image.
I think it had been stained and maybe varnished. Here it is from 2011 - Streetview

2011.jpg

They are ready to install the Google logo on the building today. I saw the massive letters on Colborne Street around 8 am. I didn't manage to snap a pic but will try to get one later and share with group
We expect a great photo for your first post :->

Back