IMG_3156.jpeg

Also soooo much spandrel. Really wish Liuna would use a different architect. G&C are sooo bad. Like their designs are fine sometimes but they really need to lean into materials rather than spandrel glass. I just don't really understand how they don't realize their architecture just doesn't work most of the time. Do they see the criticism and just not care? You'd think someone who cares about architecture would recognize their faults and try to improve.

It's the developer who sets the budget and that dictates which materials are affordable. G&C aren't very good, but devs share plenty of blame.

I disagree, I still think Marquee is one of the better looking new developments in the city. Kirkor does use spandrel too, it I find they do a better job of handling it in an appropriate way.
Marquee was some sort of remarkable exception for Vranich. It is nice. But his two under construction on King are both looking like they're going to be prefab disasters. Something like Platinum.

Agreed, much darker. More like a grey, thought it was supposed to be lighter blue. Might look better though.

Not so sure about that.. their model seems to reflect that darkness:

It does look neat all lit up and dark like that - sorta makes you focus less on the spandrel as a result.. so that's at least a positive..

FggCm5UXgAEGeu8

Back