Looks like it’ll be much darker than the renders. Still looks good imo
It's actually exactly the same as the proposed model building, just the renders that were different:

FggCm5UXgAEGeu8

It's

yeah whats with the box jutout on the podium side?

Also those poor buildings in the gore.. if they collapse there will be hell to pay.,..

I mean half of that ugly side is already blocked, and they're probably assuming something will be built on the SW corner of Main & Hughson to block the view. Only will be visible from the alleyway/laneway.

I think of it like the ugly concrete side on Marquee - looks like shit but won't be visible forever.

Maybe we can put an opera house on the corner and then the cantilevered area would make sense as those traditionally went up over alleyways to the actual theatre :p

ahh what I'd give for an old traditional style one.. that spot originally had a hotel on it - nice looking until the 80s destroyed its visual aesthetic.

The number of busses going up this stretch of James is wild. I live right around here and it's so busy at all times of the day. Surprised the city doesn't somehow utilize the GO Station more.

The number of busses going up this stretch of James is wild. I live right around here and it's so busy at all times of the day. Surprised the city doesn't somehow utilize the GO Station more.

The Hamilton GO Centre was the second choice for a renovated Downtown HSR Terminal, but the City chose to leave it in the windiest tunnel in all of downtown, then stopped taking care of it, then turned the only indoor shelter into a Bus Drivers-only shelter.

Back