Yeah. Give it one more week and it'll be all gone.

....aaand I change what I said.

It'll be levelled by the end of tomorrow.

wow, i can't believe the sales went so well. Where are these people coming from? i'm guessing they're mostly end-users?

wow, i can't believe the sales went so well. Where are these people coming from? i'm guessing they're mostly end-users?

there was an article with the vp sales, jason attard, and it was noted that the majority were international buyers.

Walking by on my way home I noticed one of the earth movers had fallen over on its side on the mound of detritus. There were two others on site trying to right the situation.

oops!

Actually, one of the tracks fell into a basement. Its very fortunate the driver didn't fall out and get crushed by his own rig. Do they wear seat belts?

Funny that happened because I have been thinking, as I've walked by that site each day, that it's amazing how haphazard and dangerous demolition is. They were just ripping that baby down, even if very calculated, in a very (to my eyes) haphazard way.

Good that nobody (it seems) was hurt.

Actually, one of the tracks fell into a basement. Its very fortunate the driver didn't fall out and get crushed by his own rig. Do they wear seat belts?

a bad omen of future concerns with construction of this project ???

Mol

Ministry of Labour is on site. Never quite new who this demo contractor was he was messy they should leave it to the pros.

May 2nd Update

It's pretty much a done deal here now.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

may 12

IMG_may-12-09-0101.jpg

IMG_may-12-09-0100.jpg

Ya, rubble is beautiful :D
It will be nice if this project goes up (which seems like it will) and turns out well.
For a small street, Charles Street East and West has, and will have, an enormous amount of change in such a short period of time.
If the hydro building on Charles East and that eyesore Charles Street Mall can be made over, this will be one magnificent downtown street from one end to the other.

77CharlesW.jpg

Back