Today

IMG_3048.jpeg

IMG_3047.jpeg

While the slope is eye-catching, a succession of towers with similar features will quickly become repetitive and boring. I wonder if the tapering top rule currently in place for new towers along Yonge St allows for something like these towers in Chicago (designed for the site of the abandoned Chicago Spire)

IMG_3126.jpeg

Rendering by SOM

The difference being the Chicago towers are designed to be interesting while many Toronto towers are forced by zoning bylaws to have the sloped roof therefore the look in Toronto may seem contrived.

While the slope is eye-catching, a succession of towers with similar features will quickly become repetitive and boring. I wonder if the tapering top rule currently in place for new towers along Yonge St allows for something like these towers in Chicago (designed for the site of the abandoned Chicago Spire)

View attachment 576198

Rendering by SOM
Have they ever filled in that hole yet?

This is more of a detail/intimate shot update, since I only had my 50MM with me today, but you can see some progress being made. I'm really enjoying the cladding on this project, and I'm curious how well it'll look when it catches the light on its north side
carp.jpg
carp1.jpg
carp11.jpg
carp23.jpg

EDIT: Forgot this guy:
IMG_1542.JPG

Last edited:

Back