I think this will look fine. It's art so not everyone will like it or get it but I think we can all agree it's better than a plain wall (or not, I dunno, it's art).

The argument of "it's better than a blank wall" is a strawman because the wall could have just been a better-designed exterior element in the first place. This isn't an old building with a blank wall that desperately needed to be covered up; it's a new build.

Instead of creating a problem for themselves that they had to solve (make it a blank wall and slap artwork on it), they should have just designed it with openings or the same window motif as the rest of the podium in the first place.

Pics taken Mar 13, 2018

PbjwaOV.jpg

rH9sYU8.jpg

Hey @Red Mars, is there any way you could upload your photos a little smaller? they are 2mb images, and I'm worried about it killing my limited phone data. If you use the UT upload system (click "upload a file" directly beside the post reply button), it automatically shrinks the images to a few kilobytes.

Hey @Red Mars, is there any way you could upload your photos a little smaller? they are 2mb images, and I'm worried about it killing my limited phone data. If you use the UT upload system (click "upload a file" directly beside the post reply button), it automatically shrinks the images to a few kilobytes.

I also really appreciate photos from @Red Mars and would also equally really appreciate if the UT upload system was used.

I also really appreciate photos from @Red Mars and would also equally really appreciate if the UT upload system was used.

Didn't know that was an issue with the phone data. That must be same for (mostly) everyone. I only use a desk top. I checked the format suggested but still prefer the one I'm currently using for the iMac. I'll cut back on the postings. Appreciated the heads up on this issue.

RM

Didn't know that was an issue with the phone data. That must be same for (mostly) everyone. I only use a desk top. I checked the format suggested but still prefer the one I'm currently using for the iMac. I'll cut back on the postings. Appreciated the heads up on this issue.

Don't cut back on the postings. Use our system. Very easy and it automatically makes the photos smaller. I appreciate all your photos. @Red Mars

This addition has that white portion in the first 3+ stories making a lot more sense. I dig.

It's a nice start, though it would be nice if it had more depth and dimension to it -- it looks like the pattern is simply wallpapered over the building. Like having the contour lines held at different distances from the wall to have a somewhat 3-dimensional contour model effect to it. Or even have the contour lines extend beyond the boundaries of the black panelled wall, maybe peeling or curling off the wall creating a trellis or canopy over the entrance.
It could end up looking like a glorified retail sign or billboard instead of something artistic.

Though I'm glad it isn't a blank wall, I have to agree with neuhaus that it seems almost 1 dimensional. At first glance, it looks like it could be painter's tape placed in a pattern along the panelling. That said, I'll take it.

Back