I think what people (including myself) are reacting to is that seeing this colouring and panels, we're getting PTSD from Pemberton's Social. Social looked pretty close to this at the start too (minus the great podium).
I still feel the cladding despite it's unfortunate colour choices is still miles and a kilometre ahead of that dreck. And for what that's worth.

I still feel the cladding despite it's unfortunate colour choices is still miles and a kilometre ahead of that dreck. And for what that's worth.
This is very true and could be the difference maker for sure. Just has those Social vibes so far... only built better.

IMG_3023.jpeg

If the glass had an aqua-green tint and mullions had an aqua colour to match the spandrel, then it wouldnt be so bad. That wouldnt have costed any more for the developer.

Obviously the bronze and screens shown in the render would be ideal.

Contrary to the sentiments of some posters here, I actually quite like the tower cladding here. Notwithstanding perhaps the superficial (admittedly somewhat unfortunate) resemblance to typical-Toronto cheap spandrel, there is definition/texture/clean lines and an unmistakable aura of thought-out design intentionality from HPA that does (on balance) seem to distinguish this one from the usual dreck.

Most of this project is looking good other then tooth paste green looking cladding on the one side which is hideous

Yeah, I think people are just seeing the mint-green sheen to the cladding panels and thinking this is not good, but to me the detailing is there, and once applied to the whole tower, I am optimistic it is going to look pretty great.
I think the shiny dark tinted window wall glass looks worse than the mint green.

I thought it had office use in much of the podium ?

Back