Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
A new formal consultation in Hamilton's downtown on the primary address 96 Main St E:
To develop a 30 storey mixed use bldg with a 5 storey podium, 393 residential units (homes), 362 square metres of commercial ground floor space (fronting Main Street), 77 vehicular parking spaces including 7 barrier free spaces and 197 long term bicycle.

Currently the site of a 1-storey retail plaza with surface parking:
1705424457010.png

Nice to see this area of downtown soon to fill in. Close to the international village too which should hopefully bolster the businesses against LRT losses in the coming years if these developments can get off the ground.

Nice to see this area of downtown soon to fill in. Close to the international village too which should hopefully bolster the businesses against LRT losses in the coming years if these developments can get off the ground.
Providing LRT itself gets off the ground..

Anyone know whats going on with the empty lot beside this plaza on the other side of Bowen?
It used to be a gas station so I am guessing noone wants to do ground remediation.

That and this was one of stinson's failed hotel projects - although I DID see a new render for it under a different developer - so maybe it's just in the process - we'll see I guess. It's one of those spots that changes hands and renders, like the church on james st.

Anyone know whats going on with the empty lot beside this plaza on the other side of Bowen?
New developer owns the land, so it seems like things might actually happen this time around. Too early to say, but I find it hard to believe it'll get flipped again given the state of the market- we're more in a 'line up your cards' phase for developers, I think.

Great to see this plaza get filled in regardless. It was always a matter of time, but there's so much land available on the east side of downtown that it'll really be booming when (just) what's proposed is built.

Would be great to see this general area get some love and attention. As long as they don't mess with or up 33 Bowen

These formal consultation submissions don't mean anything for the legitimacy of an application. It could be a prospective buyer putting out feelers for success with a hypothetical future application with no real plans, and not even the owner of the property filing anything.

Regardless, I'm sure it's just a matter of relatively short time before this site gets developed and it will be a welcome redevelopment for Hamilton.

These formal consultation submissions don't mean anything for the legitimacy of an application. It could be a prospective buyer putting out feelers for success with a hypothetical future application with no real plans, and not even the owner of the property filing anything.

Regardless, I'm sure it's just a matter of relatively short time before this site gets developed and it will be a welcome redevelopment for Hamilton.
Are non-owners able to submit FCs? I wouldn't think that would be possible.

Back