I don't know they'd be able to easily relocate this building...

It would have to be dismantled, but being mortar and stone, that would essentially mean rebuilding it from scratch, which kind of defeats the purpose of relocation and heritage. They wouldn't be able to do like they did with the William Thomas building here. There's not discreet stones to move and place identically.

It's also insanely cost prohibitive.

I don't know they'd be able to easily relocate this building...

It would have to be dismantled, but being mortar and stone, that would essentially mean rebuilding it from scratch, which kind of defeats the purpose of relocation and heritage. They wouldn't be able to do like they did with the William Thomas building here. There's not discreet stones to move and place identically.

It's also insanely cost prohibitive.

They've entirely relocated buildings before - they did so with some houses near the escarpment - it's doable - but yes probably insanely expensive.

I wouldn't even mind if another property on the parking lot kinda sandwiched this in the middle so it kinda remained a "hidden" pub - with developments on both sides it could definitely be very very popular - kinda like that place on augusta that's now sandwiched between the two new developments.

This existing plaza is just so busy though, it's crazy they're gonna demolish it - literally every business in the plaza is super busy and that parking lot is always packed completely full.. that and I love sapporos. Usually saunter over there before waiting for the bus to go home. The asian place on the part with the steeple is always packed too.

They've entirely relocated buildings before - they did so with some houses near the escarpment - it's doable - but yes probably insanely expensive.

I wouldn't even mind if another property on the parking lot kinda sandwiched this in the middle so it kinda remained a "hidden" pub - with developments on both sides it could definitely be very very popular - kinda like that place on augusta that's now sandwiched between the two new developments.

This existing plaza is just so busy though, it's crazy they're gonna demolish it - literally every business in the plaza is super busy and that parking lot is always packed completely full.. that and I love sapporos. Usually saunter over there before waiting for the bus to go home. The asian place on the part with the steeple is always packed too.
The issue is the size of this property and it's shape. It wouldn't be able to be lifted and moved anywhere unless it was nearby or to the edge of the block. Even then, I question the feasibility of moving a stone and mortar building of this size without serious structural issues.

It would have to be dismantled in my opinion.

I think it would be super cool if they could incorporate it somehow, maybe up and over to that parking lot on the south side. One can dream.

The issue is the size of this property and it's shape. It wouldn't be able to be lifted and moved anywhere unless it was nearby or to the edge of the block. Even then, I question the feasibility of moving a stone and mortar building of this size without serious structural issues.

It would have to be dismantled in my opinion.
There is literally an almost completely vacant lot right beside this one - could just be scooted over.. that's assuming there's not a basement of course..

Also didn't they do that with that bank building in the glassed in atrium not too far from union station in toronto? Personally i LOVE that - a stone building facing inwards all glassed in so it never deteriorates..

they could cantilever part of a new build over it for sure and sorta "nestle" it in although I think that might violate some building code laws for offsets and whatnot.. I dunno.. its been like 15 years since I cracked open the building code so I'm sure stuff has changed..

But yeah, echoed sentiment, this building design is gross.. but then again ,so is literally almost everything that isn't core urban or possibly lamb... at least in the realm of people who get things done (stinson not included)

Back